Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Kriegsmarine Admirals ID thread and private collection photos Database

Article about: I want to start this thread to help anyone with identifying Kriegsmarine Admirals from photos. You may have seen similar threads on other forums. If you need help with unknown Admirals, plea

Generaladmiral Rolf Carls, Commander-in-Chief of the Naval-Group-Command North (21 September 1940-01 March 1943), in front of the Palace of Justice in Riga, Latvia, most likely July 1941.
    On the second photo in the first row the officer on the left is Konteradmiral z.V. Franz Claassen, Naval-Commander „C“ (Libau-Riga) (19 May 1941-06 November 1941).

Kriegsmarine Admirals ID thread and private collection photos Database Kriegsmarine Admirals ID thread and private collection photos Database

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Admirals ID thread and private collection photos Database
    P
    Many

Großadmiral Erich Raeder inspecting the members of the Merchant Navy (Handelsmarine) in Bordeaux, France, 1942. Notice that they are wearing the Blockade Runner Badge (Abzeichen für Blockadebrecher). Visible behind Raeder is Konteradmiral z.V. Heinz-Eduard Menche, the Chief of the Kriegsmarine-Service-Office Bordeaux (27 January 1941-30 April 1943).

Großadmiral Erich Raeder visiting the Naval-School Mürwik, 1942. He is accompanied by Vizeadmiral Walter Georg Lohmann, the Commander of the Naval-School Mürwik (13 October 1939-30 September 1942).

Kriegsmarine Admirals ID thread and private collection photos Database Kriegsmarine Admirals ID thread and private collection photos Database

Konteradmiral (Ing.) Alfred Schirmer (2nd from the left) and Kapitän zur See (Ing.) Max Peters (3rd from the left) at the Marinekaserne in Glückstadt.

Possibly Konteradmiral Werner Schönermark at an unknown barracks, date and place unknown.
    He was the Chief of the Naval-Defence-Office, OKM (15 February 1943-30 April 1944) and then Chief of the Naval-Troop-Office, OKM (01 May 1944-22 July 1945).
    If anyone has any additional information about the location please comment. I am not 100% sure the admiral is indeed Werner Schönermark because the quality of the photo is bad.

Here is a comparison of photos of Konteradmiral Werner Schönermark (top row) with the close-ups of the admiral on my photo (bottom row). Please comment if you think it's the same admiral.

Generaladmiral Oskar Kummetz during an inspection, date and place unknown.

Konteradmiral z.V. Wilhelm Rümann, Commandant in Section Helgoland (04 September 1939-09 February 1941), on the island of Helgoland in 1940. It's interesting that Rümann was also a member of the SS. He held the rank of SS-Oberführer and served in the staff of the Reichsfhürer-SS before the outbreak of WW2.

The Admiral of the Norwegian Polar-Coast (31 August 1940-13 August 1942), Vizeadmiral Otto Schenk, during a parade, most likely in Tromsø, Norway.

Vizeadmiral (Ing.) Alfred Schirmer during an inspection, date and place unknown.

You have an amazing archive of Navy personalities.
    I admire your research.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast