Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The man in this picture with an arrow pointed is Papa T. Eicke?

Article about: Is anyone has picture od Papa Theodor Eicke in black ss uniform? Or picture of Papa Theodor Eicke in ss black uniform and on the right sleeve with an arrow pointed up? The arrow sign is poin

Question The man in this picture with an arrow pointed is Papa T. Eicke?

Is anyone has picture od Papa Theodor Eicke in black ss uniform? Or picture of Papa Theodor Eicke in ss black uniform and on the right sleeve with an arrow pointed up? The arrow sign is pointed up on top of the band. as shown in this picture that I have posted
    Does anyone has it please let me know? I would like to know what is the symbol of pointed arrow on the left sleeve stand fore? I would like to know what is the symbol or the pointed arrow on the left sleeve mean ?
    I would like to know,what's the meaning of pointed arrow on the left sleeve?

And if in the picture is the real Papa Theodor Eicke ,I want to know what his ranks or position was he at that time ? Anyone who has the knowledge about this please explain to me I will be appreciate your kindness.

Is anyone has picture od Theodor in black ss uniform? Please Post and sharing plzzzzzz

Thank you sir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The man in this picture with an arrow pointed is Papa T. Eicke?
    P
    Many

The Tyr - Rune insignia is for the SA/SS leadership school.

It is not Eicke.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is not Eicke.
    ...but Oswald Pohl (in the first picture; with Robert Ley next to him).

And can we please refrain from referring to Eicke by the affectionate nickname bestowed on him by his men.

Lmao. I have to agree that "Papa" sounds rather odd .

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Lmao. I have to agree that "Papa" sounds rather odd .
    An odd name indeed for a war criminal!...

?

The name 'Papa' isn't really a name to be laughing about.

Eicke was one of the key figures in the establishment of concentration camps in Nazi Germany and earned the name 'Father of the Concentration Camp System', hence 'Papa'. During the course of the war, Eicke and his division became known for unmatched brutality and several war crimes. These crimes included the murder of British POWs in Le Paradis in 1940, the murder of captured Soviet soldiers and the plundering and pillaging of Soviet villages.
    A popular figure amongst his troops, they continued to call him 'Papa'. It wasn't because he was a fatherly figure.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I must point out that Paul Hausser was referred to as "Papa Hausser" by the men of the Das Reich...It's a term of endearment for commanders popular with their men...My mother's boss was a Das Reich veteran and referred to him as such...It has nothing to do with Eicke being the "Father" of the camps...
    cheers, Glenn

I didn't mean to laugh about the fact, that he was a war criminal. I just find it odd, that someone would still call him that. I'm sorry if my comment offended anyone.

Even in the US Army the Company Commander is often referred to as "The old man" by the troops...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    A popular figure amongst his troops, they continued to call him 'Papa'.
    You are correct Glenn what you say is true but equally it is true that he was known as the 'Father' of the concentration camps. Either way, I am completely with Andreas on his point that Eicke - as a war criminal - should not be referred to as 'Papa' here on the forum.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast