Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mein Kampf 1934

Article about: I recently had this book donated to the library I work at, it was with a large collection of old books and I quickly snapped it up before it was found. I know very little about these books a

Default Mein Kampf 1934

I recently had this book donated to the library, it was with a large collection of old books and I quickly snapped it up before it was found. I know very little about these books and honestly never wanted one but for free I couldn’t leave it. I’m just looking to hear any information about this no matter how basic as I’m happy to learn new things. I think this one was made/printed in 1934, it’s still in nice condition besides the stains on some early pages.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Mein Kampf 1934Mein Kampf 1934Mein Kampf 1934Mein Kampf 1934Mein Kampf 1934Mein Kampf 1934Mein Kampf 1934Mein Kampf 1934

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mein Kampf 1934
    P
    Many

My grandfather brought back two copies of Mein Kampf from Germany. He served with the 1st infantry in 1946 during the early days of occupation. Unfortunately my grandmother told me she donated them to 'Half Price Books' a few years before I got into collecting this stuff. I've always wondered where those books ended up. You stating these were donated to a library made me remember that story!

Can't really comment on the book itself, but it looks like a great example to me. The condition is certainly nice.

?

Nice find! I own one that is roughly the same edition, but yours is in a better condition. Very nice.

For free, you’ve done very well. It’s missing the dust jacket, but besides the foxing it’s in very good shape.

B.B.

?

Wow, what a great find! The library in my town sells donated books, .25 to a dollar, and it's amazing the classic, old books that are offered. I especially like WWII vintage military books and have purchased several but never such luck as your find. Thank you for sharing.

Tom

Bodhi, what a find and it was free!! What you have is an early edition of the 2-volumes-in 1 Volksaufgabe, (Peoples Edition). It is the most commonly found edition. Meinkampf was originally published in 2 red-bound volumes until 1929. Starting in 1930, the 2 volumes were combined in a single edition. There are several other editions that were published in lower numbers, such as the Tornisterausgabe (Backpack edition for soldiers), Hochzeitsausgabe (Wedding edition), Jubiläumsausgabe (Hitler’s 50th birthday edition, 1939), Geschenksausgabe (Gift edition), and the enormous Gauleiterr edition, plus several rarer unique editions. Dwight

Great helpful information, many thanks Dwight!

My pleasure

JMM
    ?

The "thing" with Mein Kampf is where to begin once there's so much to tell...
    The internet is your friend so taking a look at Wikipedia it's a good start:

Mein Kampf - Wikipedia

If by any chance you'd be curious about collecting this book, take a look at the thread started by Dwight:

A Guide to Collecting Mein Kampf

JMM, thanks for posting this link. I have read it and stored it for future reference. Dwight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast