Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mein Kampf 1940 Leather Bound Edition

Article about: Hi all, Before I sign my life away. I would really appreciate a quick estimate on what the maximum I should be paying for this Edition of Mein Kampf.. I know this is not a place for valuatio

Default Mein Kampf 1940 Leather Bound Edition

Hi all,

Before I sign my life away. I would really appreciate a quick estimate on what the maximum I should be paying for this Edition of Mein Kampf.. I know this is not a place for valuations just I don’t want to get caught out. I’ve looked through other threads but cannot find a copy like this.

Thanks in advance.

Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mein Kampf 1940 Leather Bound Edition   Mein Kampf 1940 Leather Bound Edition  

Mein Kampf 1940 Leather Bound Edition  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mein Kampf 1940 Leather Bound Edition
    P
    Many

A standard period hardback copy would set you back 250 euros. A leather one like this would therefore be considerably more. Do you know what price the seller is asking? You might get a more meaningful resonse if you tell us the price and members will then tell you if that is a fair price or not.

Last edited by 3rdreich; 08-26-2022 at 11:33 AM.

That sounds expensive, but wait for other opinions, unless you have already made your mind up.

Mr Weitze has a selection you can choose from, including the highly desirable Amber edition for gauleiters.

Search for "mein kampf" - Weitze Militaria,

Yeah I wouldn’t want to jump the gun, that’s why I came here first. I appreciate the response, I’ve seen on the other threads some editions are valued at a couple of hundred others a couple of thousand some £20,000 and above. That’s why I’m asking experienced collectors their opinions.

Thanks again

Liam

This might also be useful to you:

A Guide to Collecting Mein Kampf

Thanks I’ll read that guide..

The other thread on here says that

1. 1927 2-vol. deluxe set, 5 x.7.5 inches (12.5 x 19.3 cm)
    $211,236

2. 6.25 x 9.25 inches (15.85 x 23.5 cm), $25,500
    So-called “Lovers’ Edition”

3. Gauleiter edition size 15.5 x 20.75 x 3 inches (39.7 x 52.7 x 7.6 cm) $9,000 to $22,000

4. 1937 300,300 copies printed, 5.5 x.7.5 inches (13.5 x 19 cm) $800-$1100

I currently have a couple of the leather bound 1939 birthday edition but that is more common, I can’t find the one I’m asking about anywhere online. So not sure if it’s a one off. Hence confused about the value.

A similar one to the one I’m interested in does not have a value. It doesn’t have the large swastika on the front.
    “Another red-leather-bound gift edition, but this one is a Volksausgabe format with both volumes in one. The spine is compartmented in 5 sections; two compartments have Hitler’s name, two compartments have the title, Mine Kampf. The 5th compartment at the foot of the spine has a Hakenkreuz. Unfortunately, I do not have a price range.”

I’ve bit the bullet and gone ahead and paid an instalment on it. I should hopefully pay it off soon so will upload more photographs upon receipt.

Did you receive it?
    Please show us