Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Motor-SA or NSKK?

Article about: The seller lists this image as being two members of the NSKK however the capbadge dissuades this theory. Would I be mistaken in saying that this is actually the motorised SA, not the NSKK? I

?

Default Motor-SA or NSKK?

The seller lists this image as being two members of the NSKK however the capbadge dissuades this theory. Would I be mistaken in saying that this is actually the motorised SA, not the NSKK?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Motor-SA or NSKK?

Regards,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Motor-SA or NSKK?
    P
    Many

?

This is what made me question the NSKK theory. An excerpt and attached picture from the 'Uniformen der Braunhemden' book.

Motor-SA or NSKK?

Early NSKK when it was first formed ..the larger eagle cap badge came later.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Early NSKK when it was first formed ..the larger eagle cap badge came later.

Best Larry
    Hi Larry,

I'm aware of the larger issue eagle however are you sure this is early NSKK?

The capbadge in the image looks a lot like the early SA cap eagles rather than the early NSKK cap eagles. It's a bit of staring at pixels but I can't see the curve of the 'NSKK' that'd supposedly be atop of the badge unless you mean that NSKK used the SA/SS eagle before they received this smaller NSKK eagle.

Here's a picture from the same seller to further explain what I mean. Note the similair size but the image in the original post obviously does not have this curve to the top of the eagle.

Motor-SA or NSKK?

Regards,

Being formed in 1930 to 31 that eagle would be the 2nd variant used ..or the first new type that represents the NSKK ..but definitely pre 1939 larger eagle type.

As you can see the SA and SS also used that 1929 style political eagle so I dont have any doubts that the motorized SA in its infancy and being subservant to the SA would have the same early type eagle. Photos dont lie.

The eagle variant you show in post #4 ..is right after the 1929 eagle type.
    I would wait for further comments and thoughts for the more seasoned collectors.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you again, Larry!

I'm still very much learning which is why I might be asking a lot.

I suppose, then, that the uniforms of the NSKK from around 1930-31 looked almost identical to the motorized SA later on as depicted in the book-- if we ignore of course the difficulty of identifying the farbe on the kepi and the twirl on the collar; a defining feature but hard to identify with the lack of colour.

As I said; I really appreciate your help in clearing up this confusion, Larry!

Regards,