Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My estate sale find today

Article about: I found a WWII gi photo album today,the pages were rotting away and I have spent all afternoon peeling photos from crumbling black album paper.I am going to post a series of snaps this fello

Default My estate sale find today

I found a WWII gi photo album today,the pages were rotting away and I have spent all afternoon peeling photos from crumbling black album paper.I am going to post a series of snaps this fellow took May 1945 to Aug 1945.The photo I am sending was included in the bunch but I doubt a GI took it,I think it was taken by someone in attendance to this meeting. There is a sign on the building that I can not translate. Very interesting. The note on the back of the photo says ''A photo of Adolf Hitler'' but it looks to me it was developed in Germany. What do you all think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My estate sale find today   My estate sale find today  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My estate sale find today
    P
    Many

Default Re: My estate sale find today

My estate sale find todayMy estate sale find todayThis next photo almost blew my shoes off,it says on thr back "SS barracks above Hitlers Berghof mountain house near Berchtesgarten-May 1945 How many SS daggers do you think were burned up in this bombing.

This next photos show a group of GI leaving Munich,On the back it says 3rd Army Airport Sept.3 Munich "you will find me about 3rd from right waiting for a c-47 to London.It amazing to me how much history is just laying about waiting to be picked up like so many golden nuggets.I wonder how much stuff is just tossed in the ash bin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My estate sale find today   My estate sale find today  

My estate sale find todayMy estate sale find todayFor some reason this guy liked to trim his photos and make up stupid disigns on the album pages,what a waste but still ,I think are very collectable.After I sort through everything I will post more photos

Operaman, The first pic does look like Hitler standing in the car. Have never seen this shot before. Enlarge the pic, I'd say 95% sure its him. Nice pick up. John

As John said. I never find pictures, but everything else. And I never find things at estate sales. Only furniture and old work out machines. Can I come live by you?

I enlarged the picture,I would say it is Hitler Did you notice the guys standing on the roof

It does look like Hitler.

gpf
    ?

The person standing up in the first staff car to the left, nearest the building, does look like it could be Hitler.

Quote by operaman View Post
    ......It amazing to me how much history is just laying about waiting to be picked up like so many golden nuggets.I wonder how much stuff is just tossed in the ash bin.
    Exact my toughts when I was cleaning up houses! ;-)
    I often get to wunder what might (still)be laying behind the walls of (certain) houses when passing by....???
    Nice find!
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast