Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?

Article about: Hi, everybody. My dad sent me these pictures of a supposedly original NSDAP manual that he picked up in a local shop in Los Angeles, California. He is starting to dabble in 3rd Reich collect

Exclamation Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?

Hi, everybody. My dad sent me these pictures of a supposedly original NSDAP manual that he picked up in a local shop in Los Angeles, California. He is starting to dabble in 3rd Reich collecting and is looking for some feedback on his find including what it might be worth if he were to try to resell it. Apparently it was rather cheap, so fortunately he won't be devastated if it's not authentic. The manual/booklet measures 8 3/8 inches tall by 5 5/8 inches wide and it has 4 pages. Any feedback is very much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?   Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?  

Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?   Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?  

Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?   Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?  

Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?

it#s dated 1956 in the photo as being published in Kaiserlautern, Germany but as there was a ban on publishishing 3rd reich symbols etc after Nuremburg in 1945, I've no idea why this should be in German and therefore show the swastika.Totally unusual but cetairnly not WW2. Maybe a tourist rip off? Although it looks like a local Nazi group pamphlet with a poem or ode. See weblink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_songs

Cheers

Default Re: Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?

I think you will find that the 1956 here refers to a telephone number of the Nazi newspaper in Kaiserslautern in the Pfalz. I think the object is real.

At the risk of putting too fine a point on it, familiarity with German is a major plus while collecting Nazi regalia.

The Pfalz was a part of Bavaria prior to 1933 with an early, active Nazi party organization. Kaiserslautern had a French garrison until the evacuation by the French of the Rhineland in what I think was the year 1930. The French army promoted separatism in the Pfalz immediately after war's end which eventually led to significant differences in policy among the victors, not the least between the US and France. A long forgotten story.

I lived and worked there 30 years ago and deepened myself in local history especially of this era with great interest.

This is a pamphlet on what it means to be a "true Nazi."

Such things were not, in fact, published in K-town in 1956, by which time the place had become part of the so called "Golden West" and sin city of western German with the huge US garrison and its easy supply of dollars and DMs in the hands of the NATO forces there.

All too droll for sure.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-14-2010 at 02:42 AM.

?

Yes ,fernruf 1956 means telephone number.I was wondering if somebody would think that was a date..
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Exclamation Re: Nazi Party Manual "Deutschland Erwache!": Authentic item? Ideas about worth?

Thanks for the responses and feddback, guys! I'll let my dad know about the telephone number vs. date... I think he maybe thought it was post-war as well, however it would appear pre-war. He would like to re-sell it. Does anyone have an idea of what the value and market value for this piece might be?

Thanks very much!
    Best,
    Adam