Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help reading fallschirmjäger paper work

Article about: Hello everyone, new member here. I just picked up a fallschirmjäger paper lot and it has a wound paper and I'm not sure how to read the div. Can anyone please help me? Im super new to this

Default Need help reading fallschirmjäger paper work

Hello everyone, new member here. I just picked up a fallschirmjäger paper lot and it has a wound paper and I'm not sure how to read the div. Can anyone please help me? Im super new to this part I never had one of these papers before so when the chance showed it's self I jumped! it says 3./6 fjr1 but what is the 3./6 mean? I know the FJR1 part but not the first part. I believe he was in 1st Div. but I would just like know everything I can about this man and what he was part of. Thank you all very much!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help reading fallschirmjäger paper work
    P
    Many

Hi there and welcome aboard,

It’s always best to add photos of the items, so we can get the maximum amount of information to help,

I’m not sure on this one, but possibly 3rd company 6th Battalion Fallschirmjäger Regiment 1.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Willmore; 01-03-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Hello sorry it wasn't working right to upload I think i might have gotten it now. I hope this helps ! Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help reading fallschirmjäger paper work  

Thanks for the additional photo! I’m confident with 3rd company, 6th Battalion, Fallschirmjäger Regiment 1.

Additional info. He was a fünker (radio operator).

He was awarded his black wound badge while in hospital (reserve lazarett Lemförde).

Lemförde is a municipality in the district of Diepholz, in Lower Saxony, Germany. It is situated near lake Dümmer, approx. 15 km south of Diepholz.

I thought that said funker! Very cool I'll have to post the whole lot once it gets to my house there is more I just wasn't sure on how to read that part . Thank you so so much!!!

No problem, thank you for posting and I’m looking forward to seeing the rest too.

It definitely won't be 6th Battalion as a Regiment only tends to have up to 4 at the most, and in the case of FJR-1 they only had 3. When it comes to wound badge citations written out and issued in a hospital you have to bear in mind that they wouldn't be used to all the different unit designations so mistakes were made on a regular basis. It is probably 3./FJR-1 (i.e. 3.Kompanie) but the 6 might just be a mistake. Or it could be 3./FJR-6 with the 1 referring to the battalion.