Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Photographs of Hitler

Article about: Hi all, This is my first post. I made an introduction thread but the main reason I joined was to observe and help grow my knowledge while starting to collect. So, with all good starts in col

Default Photographs of Hitler

Hi all,

This is my first post. I made an introduction thread but the main reason I joined was to observe and help grow my knowledge while starting to collect. So, with all good starts in collecting I’m sure we’ve all had our gaffs and I’m highly suspicious this was one of them. Fortunately it wasn’t costly. I purchased the following photographs as I have not seen them myself before after doing a little searching. The ‘story’ I got was they came from an estate sale in the UK.

I’m well aware there are many fakes, printed after the fact on old paper and doctored as such to appear ‘period’. The other thing suggested to me was they could be press photograph copies but it’s unknown if they were from the 1940s. They’re on Leonar photo paper

Since here is a wealth of knowledge I figured I would check here or if someone has seen them published elsewhere. Thanks for any info!

Edit: not sure why first photo posted sideways
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of Hitler   Photographs of Hitler  

Photographs of Hitler   Photographs of Hitler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photographs of Hitler
    P
    Many

Could you show photos of the back of the photos please.

Morris

Absolutely , I work night shift so I’m off at 630 am EST in the US, I’ll post the back as soon as I get home. Sorry, I knew I was forgetting something. Also, no writing on the back of any just Leonar logo

Amazing photos, and welcome to the forum! I did a reverse Google image search on a few of these photos and one after another I received results of "No other sizes of this image found". I think they could be original!

?

If the one with Uncle Addie and Konstantin Hierl is original, wouldn't there be a stamp that determines ownership and perhaps a Berichters name ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of Hitler   Photographs of Hitler  

Photographs of Hitler  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Yeah, that was one of my concerns as well, there’s no marks of any kind. A couple I’m now seeing pop up on Getty Images, that doesn’t mean they own the photographs physically, right ?

Most leonar Leigrano photos are fakes, or post war developed when the photo paper boomed in the 1950s and 1960s because they made their prints extremely cheap
    Only one of the leonar Leigrano logos is known to be on their pre 45 non-postcard crimped prints. So the back should tell the story.

Here is a shot I just remembered I had of the back, I can get a closer one tomorrow morning of each photograph

I also found this site, but the titles I’m not sure if they refer to photographs below or above.

fake02e
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of Hitler  

Probably need a little clearer photos.

Sure thing I’ll have them in the morning , they look like these ones in the meantime
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of Hitler  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast