Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Here is his brother Hans Tischler.
    He served in the 31st Panzer Regiment as part of the 5th Panzer-Division.
    Feldwebel Hans Tischler, a decorated Panzer NCO who was killed on 7th of August 1944 in Lithuania.
    According to his Volksbund grave entry, he fell in Sudeiken, near Wystiten (Vištytis).

Post your death notices
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

War memorial in Hans Tischler's hometown - Seubelsdorf
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Great group Prowler, thank you for sharing it with us.

Unfortunately I could not find a casualty card for him.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

It is a very nice card of a member of Pz.Rgt.31, a Panther crewman fighting in the east. The large studio portrait which was used for the death card photo is a great addition.

The war memorial in Seubelsdorf has a few with the name Tischler inscribed on it.

Ben

?

The death card of Obergefreiter Hans Greber of an unknown Fallschirmjäger Regiment.

Post your death notices

Post your death notices

Name: Johann Greber
    Date of birth: 12.06.1910
    Place of birth: Pirkhof
    Death/missing date: 06.06.1944
    Service rank: Obergefreiter

Not much is known about Hans Greber nor does the death card offer much additional information. No casualty cards can be found for him. The Volksbund entry believed to belong to Hans Greber does not contain his birth and death locations, only that he is now buried in Pomezia.
    He was a master shoemaker from Pirkhof although I can’t say if he hailed from Pirkhof in Bavaria or Pirkhof in Styria, Austria. It can be noted that Obergefreiter Greber was well decorated. He was the holder of the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, EK.II, the Erdkampfabzeichen, and the Kretaband. Since he jumped on Kreta, we know that he was originally part of one of the Fallschirmjäger Regiments or specialized Fallschirmjäger Bataillons of 1. Fallschirmjäger Division. My best guess is that he was a part of Fallschirmjäger Regiment 2, they were the last to arrive in Russia which was not until the spring. It is most interesting that he is not wearing the ribbon of the Ostmedaille. All entities of the 1. Fallschirm Division transferred fronts and fought in Russia from January 1941 until the summer of 1942. He would have been entitled to this medal but for some unknown circumstances, was not. It is also interesting to note that he held the Erdkampfabzeichen for combat operations but had not been awarded the I. Klasse of the Eisernes Kreuz.
    It is hard to determine which Fallschirmjäger unit he was in while in Italy. He most likely transferred to 4. Fallschirmjäger Division and was killed outside of Anzio. Many Germans that were killed far from the state of Lazio were reinterred at the cemetery in Pomezia. That is why it is possible he was still in 1. Fallschirmjäger Division and could have fell not far from the Adriatic Sea.

Ben
    Last edited by Witt; 04-19-2023 at 08:28 PM.

Nice sterbebild Witt, great that his portrait has included some of his decorations. A real veteran.

Hi Ben.

That is a great photo of Hans.

Kind regards,

Will.

Stabskompanie Infanterie Regiment 199 (List) - Josef Köppl

Post your death notices

Name: Josef Köppl
    Birth Date: 11 Oct 1908
    Birth Place: Kirchberg/Ndby.
    Death Date: 18 Sep 1941
    Death Place: 1.5 Km Ostw. Budnitzkaja bei Poltawa

His cause of death is noted as Gefallen: Infanterie Geschuß Herz (Killed in action: Infantry shot heart)

This is one of those cases where we know a soldier died, but there is no Volksbund entry for him, but according to the rear of his casualty card, he was buried in a single grave (Einzelgrab).

Post your death notices

Post your death notices

Josef Köppl in the Regen County, Germany, Death Records, 1876-1983.

Name: Josef Köppl
    Birth Date: 11 Oct 1908
    Death Date: 18 Sep 1941
    Death Place: Regen, Bayern (Bavaria), Deutschland (Germany)
    Civil Registration Office: Regen
    Father: Franz Köppl
    Mother: Therese Prinz
    Certificate Number: 24
    Laufende Nummer: 34
    Signatur: S 1/22

Post your death notices

Infanterie Regiment 199 (List) -
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht

57. Infanterie Division -
    57. Infanterie-Division
    57. Infanterie-Division
    57.Infanterie-Division - Feldgrau

Campaign April 1941 - December 1941 - with the capture of Kharkov (57. Infanterie Division) -
    Feldzug April 1941 - Dezember 1941 - mit der Einnahme Charkows – 57.Infanterie-Division

Post your death noticesPost your death noticesPost your death notices

Death sheet I recently got on eBay for $25 Includes two SS soldiers on it Hope u all enjoy it like I do!

Post your death notices

Post your death notices

Hi Ryan.
    Best this way..

Regards
    Santi

PS
    Homburg district was a district in Saarland that existed until 1973.

Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 ... LastLast