Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

3./Batterie Heeres Küsten Artillerie Abteilung 835 - Josef Zinkl

Post your death notices

Name: Josef Zinkl
    Date of birth: 18.03.1907
    Place of birth: Bruck, Oberpfalz
    Death/missing date: 10.11.1941
    Death/missing place: 23.00 Uhr Kastron Auf Lemnos
    Service rank: Kanonier

His cause of death is noted as Verstorben: Akute Alkoholvergiftung (Deceased: Acute alcohol poisoning). What is interesting is that his death card says he died due to pneumonia (infolge Lungenentzündung).

Post your death notices

Josef Zinkl is buried in the military cemetery in Dionyssos-Rapendoza, Greece.
    Endgrablage: Gruft 2 Reihe 16 Platte 8

Heeres Küsten Artillerie Abteilung 835 -
    Die Heeres-Küsten-Artillerie-Regimenter

The day the Germans marched on Lemnos -
    The day the Germans marched on Lemnos - Neos Kosmos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

1. Gebirgs Division Kraftfahrzeug Reservestaffel - Wendelin Endreß

Post your death notices

Name: Wendelin Endreß
    Date of birth: 19.01.1915
    Place of birth: Eiterberg
    Death/missing date: 09.09.1942
    Death/missing place: 800m talwärts Sanatorium am Kluchorpaß Bei Teberda Kaukasus (800m down the valley, Sanatorium at the Kluchor Pass near Teberda, Caucasus
    Service rank: Obergefreiter

His cause of death is noted as Unfall: Verstorben Schädelbruch (Accident: Deceased Skull fracture)

Post your death notices

Post your death notices

Wendelin Endreß has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Kluchor - Russland.

1./Kompanie Nachrichten Abteilung 64 (44. Reichs-Grenadier-Division “Hoch und Deutschmeister”) - Johann Urwanisch

Post your death notices

Name: Johann Urwanisch
    Service rank: Obergefreiter
    Birth Date: 9 December 1920
    Birth Place: Weiketsed, Ried
    Death Date: 5 March 1944
    Death Place: Belmonte. Johann was originally buried in Isola del Liri to the north west of Cassino

His cause of death is noted as Gefallen: Artillerie Geschuß (Killed in action: Artillery shot)

Post your death notices

Johann Urwanisch is buried in the military cemetery in Cassino, Italy.
    Endgrablage: Block 24 Grab 600

44. Infanterie-Division -

After the original 44. Infanterie-Division had been lost in the pocket at Stalingrad, in mid-1943, a 19th-wave division recruited in Austria, including a small cadre of Officers and NCO’s earlier flown out as wounded, was formed-up to replace the original 44.Infanterie-division. Its main infanterie-regiments were renamed as grenadier-regiments, and by personal order of Hitler the new division was given the unique honorary title, “Reichs-Grenadier-Division “Hoch und Deutschmeister”. After a brief training period, the division was sent to Italy as part of the reserve element for Heeresgruppe B in August 1943. In December, the division was sent south of Rome to stem the Allied advance. It would remain in Italy throughout the year, fighting in the bitterly contested battles of the Gothic line, and notably at Monte Battaglia in September of 1944.

44.Infanterie-Division - Feldgrau
    Hoch und Deutschmeister - Feldgrau.net

44. Reichs-Grenadier-Division “Hoch und Deutschmeister” -

Members of the new 1943 44. Reichs-Grenadier-Division “Hoch und Deutschmeister” were entitled to wear an insignia known as the “Hoch und Deutschmeister Kreuz”, a small blue-enameled Maltese cross edged in gold, with a Reichsadler and banner in the center reading “STALINGRAD”.These emblems were authorized to be worn on the epaulettes and in some cases, on the field-caps of Officer’s, NCO’s, and Grenadiers of the Division, including replacement troops.

44.Reichs-Grenadier-Division "Hoch und Deutschmeister" - Feldgrau

25.1.1944 - 2.1.1944: The division was engaged in the Battle of Belvedere, as part of the first defensive battle of Cassino.
    15.3.1944 - 24.3.1944: The division was engaged in the second defensive battle of Cassino, still in line with the XIV. Panzer Corps of the 10th Army (HG C).

44. ReichsGrenadier-Division Hoch und Deutschmeister

Sanitäts Kompanie 1/7 - Arnold Hurtz (Frater Anselm Hurtz - Order of Saint Benedict)

He was originally a member of Sanitäts Ersatz Abteilung 7, a unit I collect.

Post your death notices

Name: Arnold Hurtz
    Birth Date: 10 March 1915
    Birth Place: Holzweiler, Erkelenz
    Military Unit: Sanitäts Kompanie 1/7
    Death Date: 9 Febuary 1942
    Death Place: Luschtschichino Rußland

His cause of death is noted as Gefallen: Infanterie Geschuß, Kopfschuß (Killed in action: Infantry shot, head shot)

Post your death notices

Arnold Hurtz has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund. According to theinformation available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Luschtschichino - Russland.

Approximately 17 million men wore the Wehrmacht uniform during the Second World War, most of whom were conscripted. Of these, more than 17,000 of them self-identified as Catholics who were either ordained priests or in the process of becoming priests.
    JSTOR: Access Check.

Order of Saint Benedict -
    OSB DOT ORG

Shortly before he fell on the Eastern Front, Arnold Hurtz (Brother Anselm O.S.B.) believed that he understood the poet of "Humanity" and "Grodek" much more deeply, these "Songs of the Last Judgment of Western Youth".
    Georg Trakl | Literatur | Essays im Austria-Forum

Georg Trakl (Poet) -
    Georg Trakl - Wikipedia

2./Kompanie Wachbataillon 49 - Heinrich Rudolph

Post your death notices

Name: Heinrich Rudolph
    Birth Date: 7 June 1902
    Birth Place: Weißenthurm (Koblenz)
    Military Unit: 2./Kompanie Wachbataillon 49
    Death Date: 29 December 1941
    Death Place: Bei Feodosia (Russland)

At first he was classed as Vermißt (missing), then this was updated to Gefallen (Killed in action)

Post your death notices

Post your death notices

Post your death notices

Heinrich Rudolph is buried in the military cemetery in Sewastopol - Gontscharnoje (Ukraine).

During the re-interment activities in his original burial location, it was not possible to identify him without any trace of doubt, so he has been buried as an "unknown soldier" in the cemetery Sewastopol - Gontscharnoje.

Endgrablage: Block 6 - Unter den Unbekannten

The seaborne invasion of Feodosia is infamous because of the actions of some Red Army troops. The Massacre of Feodosia was a war crime committed against 160 wounded Wehrmacht POWs between December 29, 1941 and January 1, 1942.
    Massacre of Feodosia - Wikipedia

Here is another death card to a soldier who fell in Feodosia, along with some information about the Russian operation -
    Post your death notices
    Last edited by Willmore; 10-05-2023 at 09:07 PM.

TWS
    ?

Here are some more of my Stalingrad death notices.

Franz Haidn. Interesting in that he was 44 years old. From a very small town in Austria.

Post your death noticesPost your death notices
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Johann Kopf, an artilleryman.

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Georg Hackl. Farmer's son. If I found his hometown correctly, today it is a tiny hamlet of 55 people in Upper Austria. Because it says "Gebirgsjäger-Regiment", I am guessing he was in the 100. Jäger Division, and actually in one of the two Jäger regiments in that division.

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Post your death notices
    Name: Franz Haidn
    Date of birth: 28.7.1899
    Place of birth: Ferschnitz
    Death/missing date: 10.12.1942
    Death/missing place: Stalingrad

An Obergefreiter in 10./Artillerie Regiment 297. Deceased 1 October after an accident at the Hauptverbandplatz on 30 September

Post your death notices
    Name: Johann Kopf
    Date of birth: 02.5.1912
    Place of birth: Sommerein
    Death/missing date: 1.10.1942
    Death/missing place: H.V.Pl Sanko 2/297 Gawrilowka

A Soldat in 3./Infanterie Regiment 578

I could not find a casualty card or Volksbund entry for Georg Hackl.

My one and only death card. Found locally to me. Although I have seen another for this same person online with a different back however.
    Scanned in and close up through a loupe on the printing method.

Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices  

Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast