Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 113 of 119 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1190

show your signed photos

Article about: Always looking for others interested in signed photos, military, civil, or political. Wartime or postwar. Here are four I favor in Luftwaffe, though I write on the SS have diverse areas of h

RIP good sir. Such a blessing to see enemies in youth sitting down together as friends in their peaceful years.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement show your signed photos
    P
    Many

2 Quite rare photos of SS-Sturmbannführer Friedrich Wilhelm Heinrich Richter
    -May 9 1945
    Kommandeur, III. Bataillon, SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 21, 10. SS-Panzer-Division "Frundsberg", Waffen-SS
    A Doniz era RKT however confirmed by the ODR and in the Fellgiebel book.

show your signed photos

?

Not confirmed by Veit Scherzer Morris so another contraversial one .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Paul do you know who the ODR preferred Veit Scherzer or Peer Feellgiebels recommendations ?

?

TBH mate Veit Scherzer has done a far more forensic examination of late war claims that the OdR did in particular under Fellgiebel . The OdR accepted a much lower burden of proof than Scherzer and were certainly accused of letting friendship and the old boys network influence their decision making so by the letter of the law Scherzer is more accurate with his conclusions.

I'm sure some of the very late war recommendations were genuine ones and the paperwork was just not completed in the armageddon of the last days but there is also no doubt some of the post war claims by certain individuals were nothing more than lies and falsehoods , the likes of Frithof Elmo Porsche for example . What is noticable is the sudden up turn in awards once it was clear that the Reich was doomed whether for propaganda or other reasons i cannot say !!
    Last edited by Paul D; 10-08-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Quote by Paul D View Post
    TBH mate Veit Scherzer has done a far more forensic examination of late war claims that the OdR did in particular under Fellgiebel . The OdR accepted a much lower burden of proof than Scherzer and were certainly accused of letting friendship and the old boys network influence their decision making so by the letter of the law Scherzer is more accurate with his conclusions.

I'm sure some of the very late war recommendations were genuine ones and the paperwork was just not completed in the armageddon of the last days but there is also no doubt some of the post war claims by certain individuals we nothing more than lies and falsehoods , the likes of Frithof Elmo Porsche for example . What is noticable is the sudden up turn in awards once it was clear that the Reich was doomed whether for propaganda or other resons i cannot say !!
    Thank you for the reply Paul, much appreciate your seniority and guidance on the subject. Frithof Elmo Porsche very much so a constant impersonator, gave himself almost every medal under the sun. The photos of him in his 50s with the uniform and the awards show he was committed to making the story as real as possible, stolen valour to the max.

I’ve got a photo of Porsche. Kind of a guilty addition knowing his history.

A few additions (not all) that I obtained over the past few weeks.

show your signed photos
    Martin Gross

show your signed photos
    Werner Grothmann

show your signed photos
    Max Wunsche

show your signed photos
    Hans Kreysing (wartime)

show your signed photos
    Otto Skorzeny

The Martin Martin Gross photos is one of the good ones that show uniform irregularities, he wear a Panzer side cap with a Heer eagle and a bevo skull.
    Morris

?

At the Front like all armies anything went !!

1st July 1916