Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Signal Magazine, French Edition

Article about: Hello folks. My latest purchase, in the form of a very nice copy of 'Signal' magazine. This one is the French edition. It was published across many occupied and neutral countries, in a varie

Default Signal Magazine, French Edition

Hello folks.

My latest purchase, in the form of a very nice copy of 'Signal' magazine. This one is the French edition. It was published across many occupied and neutral countries, in a variety of languages. It was even published in the United States until the German declaration of war in December 1941. Interestingly, this magazine was never published within Germany itself.

You can probably see why I bought this one. The front cover features a very cinematic shot of my favourite tank of the war, the Tiger I. The reverse cover, in an interesting kind of juxtaposition, features a much tamer kind of cat.
    This is a very interesting magazine to look through, even for those who don't speak a word of French. Being a propaganda magazine, it features a good deal of glossy photos, including some fantastic looking colour ones. Unsure of what the aerial shots are picturing. The campaign on the Eastern Front, perhaps? There are captions, but I haven't translated them yet.
    A couple of very intriguing articles. One concerning Croatian volunteers. One which seems to be an attack on American forces, and another criticising Stalin, describing him as the 'Dictator of the World'. I have yet to translate the bulk of it.

Overall a very nice-looking piece, and one that I'm considering getting professionally framed.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Signal Magazine, French Edition   Signal Magazine, French Edition  

Signal Magazine, French Edition   Signal Magazine, French Edition  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Signal Magazine, French Edition
    P
    Many

Very interesting, I have alot of numbers in many languages, the US Signal is marked in NYC...like Der Adler. Price in $.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

BB there is a collection of around 15 of these for sale on catawiki this week if there of any interest to you
    Brian

Quote by BRIOLF View Post
    BB there is a collection of around 15 of these for sale on catawiki this week if there of any interest to you
    Brian
    Have spent a bit too much this month as is. No new purchases until Friday, unfortunately. Although I do have stuff in the post.

B.B.

Thumbs up

I have quite a few - they are very interesting to collect, and of course they feature many of the most famous WW2 colour photographs of the Wehrmacht.

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    I have quite a few - they are very interesting to collect, and of course they feature many of the most famous WW2 colour photographs of the Wehrmacht.
    They are indeed very interesting to flick through. This one is also far larger than I anticipated. I was expecting something around A4 size, so I was rather surprised by the large format. There's a shop local to me that does professional framing. I may get this one framed and hang it up on the wall. It's certainly bold enough.

B.B.