Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Concentration Camp guard Wehrpaß

Article about: Hello all. I’m negotiating on this item at the moment. It’s a new area of collecting for me, and wondered if anyone could comment on its authenticity. It shows links to two concentration

Default SS Concentration Camp guard Wehrpaß

Hello all. I’m negotiating on this Wehrpass at the moment. It’s a new area of collecting for me, and wondered if anyone could comment on its authenticity. It shows the subjects links to two concentration camps and is not cheap. The seller is asking for around $2000 USD. Condition looks ok, the top staple has come loose, but other than that all intact.

Apologies for photos, but I am having issues uploading better ones at present.

Thanks for looking.

SS Concentration Camp guard WehrpaßSS Concentration Camp guard WehrpaßSS Concentration Camp guard WehrpaßSS Concentration Camp guard WehrpaßSS Concentration Camp guard Wehrpaß
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Concentration Camp guard Wehrpaß   SS Concentration Camp guard Wehrpaß  

SS Concentration Camp guard Wehrpaß  
    Last edited by VIKINGGB; 10-08-2020 at 09:37 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Concentration Camp guard Wehrpaß
    P
    Many

I know almost Nothing about papers and documents.... but that big WAFFEN SS stamp on the front would make me run away from this object.

It sure looks terrible

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    I know almost Nothing about papers and documents.... but that big WAFFEN SS stamp on the front would make me run away from this object.

It sure looks terrible
    Yes, I know what you mean! It does appear consistent with many known genuine examples though from what I can see.

Ok! I did not know that SS wehrpasses had such stamps.

I Will keep my mouth shut

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Ok! I did not know that SS wehrpasses had such stamps.

I Will keep my mouth shut
    Not at all! I too am far from certain it’s real which is why I posted it here. Cheers.

I’ve seen quite a lot of Wehrpasses with the same stamp, including a few being sold by reputable dealers. Many of the stamps were heavily faded. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re genuine, but it does lend credence to the possibility. That considered, I don’t see any glaring problems with the entries in this Wehrpaß. Nothing jumps out as being contrived.

Even if it is genuine, I’d say 2000 USD is a little steep. All the SS Wehrpasses I’ve seen have had price tags around the £800 - £1000 mark.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I’ve seen quite a lot of Wehrpasses with the same stamp, including a few being sold by reputable dealers. Many of the stamps were heavily faded. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re genuine, but it does lend credence to the possibility. That considered, I don’t see any glaring problems with the entries in this Wehrpaß. Nothing jumps out as being contrived.

Even if it is genuine, I’d say 2000 USD is a little steep. All the SS Wehrpasses I’ve seen have had price tags around the £800 - £1000 mark.

Regards, B.B.
    That’s very helpful, many thanks.
    I see what you mean, the ‘WAFFEN-SS’ stamp is very dark black and has not faded. Perhaps that suggests that it is a later addition to make the book more attractive?

The Wehrpass is in very good shape, the photo holders have almost no rust. It has been taken care of quite well. I see no issues with the stamp.
    The price however is inflated as mentioned and would be on the high side of its actual value. Did the seller provide any other pages of the document?

Morris

The document has been well-preserved, as pointed out by Morris, so I'd say the condition of the stamp is commensurate with the rest of it.

The price is the only sticking point. There are two similar examples currently being sold on a dealer's site I browse frequently. One document is connected to Lublin and Flossenberg, the other to Flossenberg and Gross-Rosen. Both have price tags of 600 Euros, which is more in line with what I'd expect documents of this nature to be worth.

Regards, B.B.

I suspect that it is the condition that has provoked the high asking price which really is excessive as stated by the other lads here.

Unless there is a particular reason for pursuing this one I think the seller needs some assistance to "manage expectations". That said, I suppose we have seen enough evidence here that there are plenty of people with a penchant for "Iron Pyrite" that some mug will buy it.

As an aside, that photo gives me the creeps, he looks like a close relative of Gollum and that face says "punch me". Do you think he had many childhood friends or pets he didn't pull the legs off?

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 10-08-2020 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast