Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke

Article about: Hi guys, Just received this "SS Wehrstammbuch", "Gesundheitsbuch" and a couple of other documents to the same soldier which are of interest to me in my research about the

Jan
    ?

Default SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke

Hi guys,

Just received this "SS Wehrstammbuch", "Gesundheitsbuch" and a couple of other documents to the same soldier which are of interest to me in my research about the lives and fates of German soldiers stationed in Finland during WW2. Not that many entries in the Wehrstammbuch as Horst was wounded in the throat during the intense fighting of Kiestinki already on August 3rd 1941.

If you can help me with the later entries in the documents after August 1941 I would be very grateful indeed. I will post separate pictures of pages in the Wehrstambuch for comments starting tomorrrow.

Apparently the Wehrstammbuch got in Soviet hands at some stage after the war as his last name is written in Russian on the front page.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke   SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Page one (back of front cover).

Birthplace: Berlin, June 17th 1921.
    Father: Otto Greinke, adress Berlin N54 (according to the cover Fehrbellinerstrasse 52.
    Languages spoken: "Engl. Franz." (English and French ?)

I would be very grateful for any help with deciphering (and confirming my interpretation) of the text in the marked areas.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke  

Hi, I’m looking forward to seeing the rest!

I agree with what you have translated, but there are some proper experts on here, so hopefully they will comment too.

4 c column - Zuletzt ausgeübte. It looks like Fbo, which is an abbreviation I think, but don’t know it’s meaning.

8 - kraftfahrer (Driver)

11 - fremdsprachen (Foreign languages spoken)

Engl (Englisch) = English. Franz (Französisch) = French

I can’t really add anymore and sorry I can’t be of any more help.

Jan
    ?

Hi guys,

Here are the next two pages (2 a and 2 b). The double sided paper is glued into the Wehrstammbuch. His father was a master carpenter "Tischlermeister" and his mothers maiden name was Margarete Tosch.

Seems that as a recruit Horst Greinke stayed in the SS Unterkunfte in KZLager Dachau for a while (1939-1940). The SS Unterkunfte area is marked in red on the aerial photo (the conventration camp is marked with a green square).

According to the webpage of KZ Gedenkstätte Dachau (Startseite | KZ Gedenkstatte Dachau) the earlier SS grounds, which made up the largest section of the Dachau concentration camp, are not for the time beeing accessible to the public...

According to the web page SS units were sent to Dachau for basic and advanced military and ideological training. Concentration camp prisoners were forced to work on the building sites and in the various company workshops located in the SS camp.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke   SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke  

SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke   SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke  

SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke   SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke  

Last edited by Jan; 12-25-2020 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Added an aerial photo

Jan
    ?

Page 6. of the "SS Nord Wehstammbuch".

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Nord Wehrstammbuch, Gesundheitsbuch and other documents for Unterscharführer Horst Greinke  

CSW
    ?

Have you tried contacting these people: Archive | KZ Gedenkstatte Dachau ? They apparently have a specific contact form for research on members of the SS.

Sent you an email yesterday, btw.

Jan
    ?

Page 7. of the "SS Nord Wehrstammbuch". Does anyone have more info on his units in 1943?

Best,

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 12-19-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Jan
    ?

Please can anyone confirm that "SS-Pz.A.A.Abt.1" on page 7 of the "Wehrstammbuch" stands for "SS-Pz-Aufkl.-Abt.1"?

If so, does anyone have any information about that unit?

Best,

Jan

Jan
    ?

Page 13

Best, Jan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast