Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Norge Recruiting Poster Harald Damsleth

Article about: Hello what are your thoughts on this SS Norge Poster? • SS Poster by Harald Damsleth • It measures almost 70x50cm or 27x19 inches • It has a lot of wear to it( rips , stains, staple ho

?

Default SS Norge Recruiting Poster Harald Damsleth

Hello what are your thoughts on this SS Norge Poster?

• SS Poster by Harald Damsleth
    • It measures almost 70x50cm or 27x19 inches
    • It has a lot of wear to it( rips , stains, staple holes etc)
    • It does not glow under black light
    • I have zero knowledge of German posters or any type of art work.

Thank you very much
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Norge Recruiting Poster Harald Damsleth   SS Norge Recruiting Poster Harald Damsleth  

SS Norge Recruiting Poster Harald Damsleth   SS Norge Recruiting Poster Harald Damsleth  

SS Norge Recruiting Poster Harald Damsleth   SS Norge Recruiting Poster Harald Damsleth  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Norge Recruiting Poster Harald Damsleth
    P
    Many

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Norge Recruiting Poster Harald Damsleth   SS Norge Recruiting Poster Harald Damsleth  

?

Hello Tony,

Others may not share my thoughts but I think this one may be original. I see very little trace of information about this poster online. I like the look of the subject matter and the physical state of the poster. The dimensions are the same as the one at the Hoover Institution. The image quality is on par with that of a poster. It is screen printed which I would expect was the method for manufacturing posters. The same method for printing newspapers, and photos on death cards. Plenty of wear damage around the edges and in the body of the material. The large tears and creases in the body make me think this is printed on thin, cheap paper reminiscent of the material used for German national posters. If you could pop the back of the frame off and check that the paper is that thin low quality stock. It would be similar to some newspapers at the time, same method of printing too. The paper should have began its life white but now appears to have yellowed with age. It also seems to be matte stock as I believe it was, not gloss or even semi-gloss. No optical brighteners in the paper stock as you have proven with the ultraviolet light. I will admit that the poster could have been ‘roughed up’ to achieve the look of an old poster but the paper itself holds it own.
    There is one in the collection of the Hoover Institution in California and another at the Troms Forsvarsmuseum in Norway. The one at Hoover has red lettering while the one in Norway has these white letters. They could easily be fakes as well but these institutions should be pretty reliable.

Ben

?

Hello Ben

Thank you so much for your time and information!
    So much to learn and research.
    Thanks again for the information, cannot thank you enough!
    Tony

Not my area of expertise, but I did just want to thank you for taking so many detailed photos. This is the courteous way to ask for item authentication. Well done, and I hope it works out for you - it's a great looking item.

?

I cannot comment on the poster itself. But this Norwegian artist made some amazing art.