Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS Paper : I have no idea what this is or if it's legit, help?

Article about: Good afternoon guys! I have a question I hope you can help me with; I have a collector (mentioned in another thread) that has some Nazi/SS items he let me borrow to photograph to determine i

Default SS Paper : I have no idea what this is or if it's legit, help?

Good afternoon guys!

I have a question I hope you can help me with; I have a collector (mentioned in another thread) that has some Nazi/SS items he let me borrow to photograph to determine if I wished to purchase them, but as we all know there are a lot of fakes and reproductions out there, so I thought I would seek the knowledge of forum members to try and figure out what the heck this is and if it's legit or not as I have no idea other than it's likely some lefter to/from someone in the SS.

So...any feedback anyone can offer would be most appreciated.

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Paper : I have no idea what this is or if it's legit, help?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Paper : I have no idea what this is or if it's legit, help?
    P
    Many

?

I am not sure on the authenticity of this letter but I will make some comments about some aspects. The letter comes from an Oberst (Colonel) from the Sonderstab of the Reichsführer. This was from the office located at Prinz Albrecht Straße 8. This is the address originally for the Gestapo house prison, and then for the SS and SD officers at the Reichssicherheitshauptampt (RSHA) during the war.
    I see a handful of letters from the Persönlicher Stab or the Deutschen Polizei of the RSHA but none from a Sonderstab. These other letters were on white or yellow paper. I also have not been able to find information about a Sonderstab although it appears there was a large amount of small sections divided between seven main offices.
    Not exactly sure what the original inquiry was or the response of the Oberst in this letter means in English. Someone else could better explain the significance of the writing. This may also help explain why a lady from Frankfurt has written to the offices in Berlin. I ask if there was such a staff at the RHSA and if they would be the ones to respond to whatever the original request was?

Regards, Ben

This is a reply to a letter by a soldier's mother seeking to have her son released from military service as he's the last surviving "Bearer of the Bloodline"...The reply states that due to the constraints of "Total War", such requests can no longer be approved "despite all recognition for the family's many sacrifices in Germany's struggle for Freedom"...

Looks like a filed copy of a letter, see no red flags. Only 2 casualties named Licht who came from Frankfurt am Main. Both men died in the East in 1941. So nothing yet to imply that her son didn't make it home in 1945.