Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Police Unit or 14th Galician Division photograph??

Article about: I found this photo in a textbook “Fighting Men of World War II Uniforms, Equipment and Weapons”. In the description of the photo it says it is from ‘an SS police unit on the Eastern Fr

Default SS Police Unit or 14th Galician Division photograph??

SS Police Unit or 14th Galician Division photograph??SS Police Unit or 14th Galician Division photograph??

I found this photo in a textbook “Fighting Men of World War II
    Uniforms, Equipment and Weapons”. In the description of the photo it says it is from ‘an SS police unit on the Eastern Front’, presumably from the cuff title that can be seen from the man in front (I’ve blown up his cuff title). However, would anyone happen to know if the two other men are from the same unit, based on what they are wearing (or from anything else in the photo)? The reason I ask is that my father was in the 14th Galician Division, and his role was that of a signaller, and the person on the right looks just like him. From what I’ve researched, it is known that the Galician division did absorb some men from the 4th and 5th SS Police Battalions after 1943, and he was in the Galician Division from July 1944 onwards. Would it have been possible if the small number of men from these police units that joined the Galician Division to have kept wearing their cuff titles or other previous badges even if they joined another Division? I’d just really like to know if this is in fact a photo of the Galician Division (and hopefully my father). Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Police Unit or 14th Galician Division photograph??
    P
    Many