Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS- Sturmbannführer Willi Hardieck letter to SS- Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold from the 26th of June 1944.

Article about: I accuired this interesting Feldpostletter and envelope today. It was sent by SS- Sturmbannführer Willi Hardieck to SS-Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold on the 26th of June 1944. After serving

Jan
    ?

Default SS- Sturmbannführer Willi Hardieck letter to SS- Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold from the 26th of June 1944.

I accuired this interesting Feldpostletter and envelope today. It was sent by SS- Sturmbannführer Willi Hardieck to SS-Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold on the 26th of June 1944.

After serving in Totenkopfstandarte 3 and SS-Div. "Totenkopf" Hardieck served in the recce. unit of 6. Geb.Div. "Nord" until 1943 when he was transferred to SS-Pz.Rgt.12 of the 12.SS-Pz.Div. "Hitlerjugend"in 1944.

In the winter of 1944 Hardieck was transferred to Pz. Brigade 150 the Special Forces unit for cloak and dagger operations, wearing allied uniforms and using allied vehicles and equipment behind enemy lines during the Ardennes Offensive and under command of the SS-Standartenführer Otto Skorzeny.

Hardieck was killed on the 17.12.1944 when his Willies Jeep ran on a German mine during one of the operations of Pz. Brigade 150. At his death Hardieck was wearing an American uniform.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS- Sturmbannführer Willi Hardieck letter to  SS- Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold from the 26th of June 1944.   SS- Sturmbannführer Willi Hardieck letter to  SS- Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold from the 26th of June 1944.  

SS- Sturmbannführer Willi Hardieck letter to  SS- Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold from the 26th of June 1944.  
    Last edited by Jan; 08-03-2021 at 04:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS- Sturmbannführer Willi Hardieck letter to  SS- Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold from the 26th of June 1944.
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

" Bergen, den 25.VI.44

Lieber Arnold!

Obwohl ich schon am 19. hier eingetroffen bin u. das Verordnungsblatt der Waffen SS noch nicht gelesen habe, müssen Sie nach den vorhergegangenen Zeichen Major geworden sein. Lieber – Arnold, hierzu meinen herzlichsten Glückwunsch.

Möge Ihnen daneben am Anfang 1945 ein tüchtiger Feldtruppenteil beschieden sein. Was ich dazu tun kann, soll geschehen.
    Für heute grüße ich Sie mit Handschlag und bin Ihr Williy Hardieck.

Darf ich Sie bitten, beiliegenden Brief an ?? w!eiterzuleiten"

Jan
    ?

Just started the research on this small item.

Seems like SS-Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold (who received the letter from Willi Hardieck while stationed in Lithuania) also fought in Northern Finland in 6. Geb.Div. "Nord". He was awarded the Finnish "Vapaudenristin 3.luokka (VR 3)" in 1941. This is the ninth award in the second row in the picture.

Alfred Arnold pictured below was the son of SS-Brigadeführer Alfred Arnold senior. He met his fate in October 10th, 1944 (Neustadt, Lituania) just a few months after received this letter (in that same region).

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS- Sturmbannführer Willi Hardieck letter to  SS- Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold from the 26th of June 1944.   SS- Sturmbannführer Willi Hardieck letter to  SS- Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold from the 26th of June 1944.  

Jan
    ?

I managed to find three documents related to the death of SS-Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold today that I will add to this interesting and developing story.

Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

With a little help from my friends I think I have now managed to decipher the text on the front ov the envelope. Arnold was stationed in Talsen (Kurland) when he received the letter:

"Feldpost

SS Sturmbannführer

Arnold

Kdm. Pz. Aufkl. Ausb. Abt. 1

Talsen Lettland

Dienstpostamt Talsen"

Last edited by Jan; 10-22-2022 at 02:42 PM.

?

Default Alfred Arnold jr and sr

Hi Jan!

Thank You for this awesome thread! I've been studying Alfred Arnold jr's and sr's life and career
    for quite a long time and have acquired material related to both of them.

I have an exhibition collection made about them too.

Respect and salute for Your study of the AA jr and the postal item You have in Your possession.

Yours sincerely PH

Very interesting thread that I had somehow missed. Thank you for posting Jan.

?

I'm with Black Cat not sure how i missed this very interesting thread , thanks Jan .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

In the recesses of my mind i thought i recalled a previous thread from many years ago by the late Bob Coleman on SS Sturmbannfuhrer Alfred Arnold and here it is .

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold Awarded to SS Officer
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Jan
    ?

Another Alfred Arnold related item arrived in the mail today.

SS "Das Schwarze Korps" newspaper from the 30th of November 1944 sent to SS-Brigadeführer “Landesbauernführer” Alfred Arnold in Württemberg announcing the death (KIA) of his son SS-Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold.

Best,

Jan

SS- Sturmbannführer Willi Hardieck letter to  SS- Sturmbannführer Alfred Arnold from the 26th of June 1944.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast