Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

These guys can´t be HJ can they?

Article about: Stumbled upon this photo today which is supposed to show members of HJ at the Arctic Circle. I am very suspicious to this mostly because of the shirts these guys are wearing and also their a

Jan
    ?

Default These guys can´t be HJ can they?

Stumbled upon this photo today which is supposed to show members of HJ at the Arctic Circle. I am very suspicious to this mostly because of the shirts these guys are wearing and also their age.

Any idea what organisation these guys could belong to, boyscouts maybe?

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture These guys can´t be HJ can they?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement These guys can´t be HJ can they?
    P
    Many

Hi Jan.

I am not sure I can help with your question, but it appears the person on the far right seems to be wearing a small knife, maybe a Hitler youth knife? It is interesting they are wearing the type of shirt often seen being worn by Gebirgs troops

Kind regards,

Will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture These guys can´t be HJ can they?  

Jan
    ?

Thanks Will, your eyes are bettter than mine it appears

Best,

Jan

Also the sign is in 4 languages
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Jan
    ?

The sign is the pre-war "tourist sign" that stood near the modern day Santa Claus Village, located on the Arctic Circle in Rovaniemi and nearby the road to the "Eismeerfront".

The sign is in four languages Finnish and Swedish (Finland is a bilingual country), German and English.

Best,

Jan

I have a photo of the same sign from an album that belonged to a German who travelled around Scandinavia by bicycle in 1933, then returned as a member of the Luftwaffe during the war.

Photograph album - Adventures in Scandinavia before and during the war.

Kind regards,

Will.

Buckles look like Hitler Youth

It seems you have rain caps for the HJ...

- - ------- - -

These guys can´t be HJ can they?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Jan
    ?

Another picture of the "Polarkreis" sign from my collection.

Best, Jan

I also believe that these are HJ boys. The boy in the yellow circle is clearly wearing a Hitler Youth raincoat (HJ Regenumhang).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast