Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

V1 or V2 facility permit?

Article about: Hi, I was told this facility produced parts used for the V1 or V2 rockets, is this so? Thanks, Neil.

Default V1 or V2 facility permit?

Hi,
    I was told this facility produced parts used for the V1 or V2 rockets, is this so?

Thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture V1 or V2 facility permit?   V1 or V2 facility permit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement V1 or V2 facility permit?
    P
    Many

Default Re: V1 or V2 facility permit?

Hi Neil, I saw a history show that talked about Opta and how they were a leading radio and tv research company prior to the NAZI take over. The ID card you have is for a factory in Gorlitz, Poland. I did some research and Opta only admits to making radar tubes, radios, and directional finders there. But Opta Radio AG did perfect the radio control signal decoders for the HS-293A, the first remotely controlled glidebomb. Since Opta also worked closely with Phillips of Eindhoven, and Opta made the equipment that decoded the messages coming from a gyroscope, there's a good chance they worked on the V-1 or V-2. Opta was accused of using slave labor at Flossenberg and Wolkenberg, so they changed their name to Loewe after the war. That might be why they say they only made normal stuff where your ID is from. It's gonna take alot of research to find anything out for sure. Pretty interesting stuff though.

Take care,
    Jay

Default Re: V1 or V2 facility permit?

Hi Jay,

Many many many thanks! real potent information indeed!

Neil.