Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS map ID help needed

Article about: Hi list I have just picked up a few maps with the Waffen Ss wax seal on them and wondered if anyone can help authenticate or give me some info on them, I have tried researching online to no

Default Waffen SS map ID help needed

Hi list

I have just picked up a few maps with the Waffen Ss wax seal on them and wondered if anyone can help authenticate or give me some info on them, I have tried researching online to no avail

Thanks in advance

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS map ID help needed   Waffen SS map ID help needed  

Waffen SS map ID help needed   Waffen SS map ID help needed  

Waffen SS map ID help needed   Waffen SS map ID help needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS map ID help needed
    P
    Many

I have seen the 'Waffen SS' ink stamp before, always stamped on Heer feldpost letters in an apparent effort to up their value. The overload of Third Reich symbols on these would lead me to hazard a guess that while these are perhaps authentic period maps, they have been needlessly and fraudulently embellished to increase their price tag.

Regards, B.B.

An ordinary civilian map that was once part of an atlas. The wax seal and stamps are totally bogus and quite silly.

Thank you for the information these can go straight back to where they came from.
    I did think it unusual that a map would have a wax seal but had to get other opinions.

Quote by Norfolkwolf View Post
    Thank you for the information these can go straight back to where they came from.
    I did think it unusual that a map would have a wax seal but had to get other opinions.
    Hopefully you can get your money back without any issues.

Regards, B.B.

Thanks, they are from a friend who deals in antiques so no problems for me fortunately but I think he will not be to happy with the result as he bought 20 of them with a big collection of wwi photographs and other memorabilia.

Thanks again

Nick

As a general rule, it's best to be very, very cautious with anything SS-related, especially if it's being sold in bulk or at a cheap price. For every one authentic SS item out there, there are thousands of fakes. Even things like uniform buttons are faked these days.

Regards, B.B.