Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht OFficers Photo Album? Who is the General inspecting the troops?

Article about: I have this photo album belonging to a Wehrmacht officer, and it's full of training photos from 1940-42. There is a Wehrmacht General inspecting the troops. I've been trying to identify him,

Default Wehrmacht OFficers Photo Album? Who is the General inspecting the troops?

I have this photo album belonging to a Wehrmacht officer, and it's full of training photos from 1940-42. There is a Wehrmacht General inspecting the troops. I've been trying to identify him,and I think it's General Hans-Jurgen von Arnim. Not too many pictures I've seen of him, but a very close match to the general shown.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht OFficers Photo Album? Who is the General inspecting the troops?   Wehrmacht OFficers Photo Album? Who is the General inspecting the troops?  

Wehrmacht OFficers Photo Album? Who is the General inspecting the troops?   Wehrmacht OFficers Photo Album? Who is the General inspecting the troops?  

Wehrmacht OFficers Photo Album? Who is the General inspecting the troops?   Wehrmacht OFficers Photo Album? Who is the General inspecting the troops?  

Wehrmacht OFficers Photo Album? Who is the General inspecting the troops?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht OFficers Photo Album? Who is the General inspecting the troops?
    P
    Many

Here's just a few photos from the album. I placed a few of the inspecting general.

Hi Humbers,

It looks like him. If it is he's not wearing his Knights Cross, which suggests the photo's were taken prior to September the 4th 1941 when it was bestowed upon him whilst commanding the 17th Panzer Division. He surrendered to the British in the Western Desert on May the 12th 1943, and was interned for the rest of the war in the USA being released in 1947. He died in 1962.

He can be seen here starting from 2.40 in.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned. Hope all is well with you and yours. Thank you for the link. It does look like him. Same walk and mannerisms seen in the photos. I only found one photo of him riding in a staff car. The album has several more photos of him. I see no KC in the other photos either, and this must have been prior to his award. The album is from 1940-42. The last entry is 20-4-42.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Hi Ned. Hope all is well with you and yours. Thank you for the link. It does look like him. Same walk and mannerisms seen in the photos. I only found one photo of him riding in a staff car. The album has several more photos of him. I see no KC in the other photos either, and this must have been prior to his award. The album is from 1940-42. The last entry is 20-4-42.
    Yes, good here thanks, and the same back at you. I think you've nailed it, and the dates of the album work for this theory quite nicely. Let's see what others have to say.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

For all we know these poor souls were fodder for the DAK!

One of the photos has writing on it. Hopefully a fellow can translate it 😊