Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

'Werk und Mensch' - Hermann Göring

Article about: Hello folks. Picked this one up a few weeks ago. I was hoping to find a copy with the dust cover intact, but this one presented itself at the right time, and in spite of the missing cover it

Default 'Werk und Mensch' - Hermann Göring

Hello folks.

Picked this one up a few weeks ago. I was hoping to find a copy with the dust cover intact, but this one presented itself at the right time, and in spite of the missing cover it's in very good shape. I understand 'Werk und Mensch' was the first of a two-book series, but cannot recall the name of the second book. This copy was printed by Eher Verlag -- the official publishing house of the NSDAP -- in 1938.

There is a dedication written inside the cover of this book, on the reverse of the page depicting Göring's portait. Though German handwriting still isn't a strongpoint of mine, despite intently studying it for the past few years, I can make out that it appears to have been a gift awarded to someone for entry into a school on 5th March 1938. It is signed below by no less than 24 different individuals, presumably classmates.

Another period book for the bookshelf!

'Werk und Mensch' - Hermann Göring'Werk und Mensch' - Hermann Göring'Werk und Mensch' - Hermann Göring'Werk und Mensch' - Hermann Göring

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Werk und Mensch' - Hermann Göring
    P
    Many

Looks like " wishing you found memories of the pupils of lecture room VII 5/03/1938" and then signed by them underneath.

possibly a gift to their teacher

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    Looks like " wishing you found memories of the pupils of lecture room VII 5/03/1938" and then signed by them underneath.

possibly a gift to their teacher
    Thanks! I had a feeling it was something like that. I wonder what became of the original owner...

B.B.

B.B; That is a very clean copy you have; I envy you. I don't think that Dr. Erich Gritzbach wrote a second book about Göring. In fact I think, but I am not sure, that Werk und Mensch was the only thing he published. He was an odd duck who was never really an avid Nazi. He was Göring's right-hand-man, but in 1939 he started to distance himself from the NSDAP, but he was never a conspirator and served the regime to the end. In March 1945, Goebbels wrote in his diary, "The Führer is highly critical of Gritzbach, Göring's personal advisor, who he says lacks any form of psychological refinement." Dwight