Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

What's wrong doctor? Pictures of German doctors, paramedics, nurses and hospitals.

Article about: What's wrong doctor? TABSTABS collection On the back of this excellent portrait is written: Siedlice Kriegslazarett. January 1944 At times like these, it is when societies understand the tru

gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What's wrong doctor? Pictures of German doctors, paramedics, nurses and hospitals.
    P
    Many

?

very well done, thanks....

Outstanding documentation Santi, really places you there!

Well, I will upload a series of photos in which the expressions of the person or people portrayed seem to be special. Let's see them one by one.

What's wrong doctor? Pictures of German doctors, paramedics, nurses and hospitals.

In this photo I think the soldier likes the nurse. I guess after the group photo, he asked the photographer to take another photo of the two of them alone.

This other nurse must have liked the one who was photographing her. See how she looks at the camera in the following photos

Four other examples

How pretty is my nurse .....

Don´t make me laugh.... darling.....

TABSTABS collection

Can't you see the sun is blinding me? Don't take a picture, fool

TABSTABS collection

He thinks: - I'm catching you!
    She thinks: - Do it, please

I have left the best of my collection for last. It represents another type of relationship of admiration and sometimes even love.
    That of the nurse and the doctor. This photograph cost me about four euros. I would never sell it.

She is beautiful to me and he is so elegant. On the back we will see who he is and when and where this image was taken

TABSTABS collection

The Stabsarzt Dr.Havemann
    Minsk

Before explaining how the thread will continue, I am going to upload a few photos that I forgot at the right time, so this particular post will be a kind of medley, in no order. I apologize.

Unterarzt

His feldbluse

Russia. Resting on the bank of a river

It's just a little shrapnel, boys

To go to the dentist, follow the sign

Cheer up, soldier

Sanität Oberfelwebel

Unterarzt

Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 04-10-2022 at 01:30 PM.

But after this romantic part of the thread, we still need to talk and share a few more photographs of a fundamental element of any health system (as the present time shows us) and of course of the health system of the Wehrmancht during the war: the German disinfection and deworming services.
    We will talk also about the best known cause of infestation and its terrible consequences for the health of soldiers, especially after becoming prisoners of war of the Soviets.
    The memories of thousands of German soldiers who fought on the eastern front coincide in pointing out that apart from the enemy and the bitter cold, the hardest part of that front was undoubtedly lice.

The harsh living conditions, poor diet, poor hygiene, and overcrowding in bunkers and shelters to stay warm turned this plague into added torture for the Landsers.

But for doctors what was truly worrying was the disease caused by these parasites: typhus.

I hope that we continue to enjoy it over the weekend and that confinement at home will be a little softer for all of us.
    Santi

Default Hygiene

If we search the meaning of Hygiene in any encyclopedia, we will find a definition like the following: is a series of practices performed to preserve health. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), Hygiene refers to conditions and practices that help to maintain health and prevent the spread of diseases.

Military medicine and hygiene had more than a century of history when WWII broke out. Armies across Europe had experienced in all their scenarios of war, especially overseas huge amounts of casualties due to epidemics among their troops.

Malaria, yellow fever, cholera, dysentery or typhus, in campaigns as Crimea, Cuba, India, Boers Wars….. had caused more casualties than enemy fire.
    So during the 1930s at Werhmacht barracks, recruits did essentially two things: military training and cleaning.

A soldier's closet perfectly ordered and ready for review.

Scrubbing the floor of the barracks room.

Everything is organized in the bedroom.

Review of feet for fungus.

Cleaning the rooms, cleaning their weapons and equipment, cleaning their boots and most especially keeping their bodies clean and healthy.

This may seem easy to achieve in times of peace in the huge barracks facilities spread across the entire Reich territory, and it should not even have been difficult during the 1939 and 1940 campaigns, which were quick and ended with victories that allowed the Germans occupy the western countries and immediately dispose of the accommodation of the defeated armies.

In addition, the western campaign took place in the middle of the summer, which allowed the soldiers to settle in the streams and rivers without problems and even sleep in the open.

In the summer of 1940, during the invasion of France, it was not difficult to take a bath or do laundry.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast