Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wisch and SS EKII Photos

Article about: I recently bought a some photos from a WAF member. Two turned out to be reproductions, however I’d like to get some opinions on these others. He typically sells nice items, so I don’t wa

Default Wisch and SS EKII Photos

I recently bought a some photos from a WAF member. Two turned out to be reproductions, however I’d like to get some opinions on these others. He typically sells nice items, so I don’t want to assume they’re all bad. Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Wisch and SS EKII Photos
    Wisch and SS EKII Photos
    Wisch and SS EKII Photos
    Wisch and SS EKII Photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wisch and SS EKII Photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wisch and SS EKII Photos
    P
    Many

The Teddy Wisch picture looks odd to me, as though it is either a very poor scanned copy or a still frame from a movie. The cockade on the hat seems peculiar. From what I see these are not something I would be paying money for.

I figured. Bummer. After being berated and dealing with unpleasantness, the seller did offer a full refund. However, I’ve decided to take the loss and destroy the items to avoid being further passed along to someone else.

Quote by Tiger Ace View Post
    I figured. Bummer. After being berated and dealing with unpleasantness, the seller did offer a full refund. However, I’ve decided to take the loss and destroy the items to avoid being further passed along to someone else.
    Hi there.

I am sorry it turned out bad for you, but I would keep the photos for future reference.

Kind regards,

Will.

I recovered them from the trash. I’ll post the lot and seller information later. That way we have it documented here on the forum.

That is a shame. WAF is usually pretty good about fakes not being on their board. It does happen though, many years ago I too bought photos, but from an auction, all turned out to be an expensive mistake But I've learned to always ask first. -Rose

I bought the photos from Michael Basin (Michael73) on WAF. I’m out about $300. Michael has been selling items for many years now on WAF, and seemed to be well regarded. The Wisch and EKII photos, as he claimed, were original/period doubles from an LSSAH album/estate he sold (I think for around $3000). The tank photo are well-known published shots from Kursk. The last photo of men in smocks I believe is the only real one.

After inquiring about a refund, he was pretty unpleasant and claimed the other members of WAF did not know what they were talking about. He refused to chime in on the thread after I had asked him to. He said I could ship the items back to him in Israel for a full refund, and that he had buyers waiting for twice the price. I doubt I would have received the refund. Another member who was familiar with Michael privately told me, “He undoubtedly knows what he sold you.” I decided the buck stops with me, to keep the photos and take the loss.

I started collecting when I was thirteen, and am now 29. I believe this is the first fake(s) I’ve bought. Is it my fault for not asking or doing due diligence? Absolutely, yes. However, there is a bigger lesson to be learned: Someone’s implied reputation is not enough to save you from research. I was stubborn and cocky for not asking. I really don’t think there should be any shame or embarrassment in checking every item with your peers. Being that he has been a long-time member of WAF is even more agitating, as he has never been called out. Equally frustrating, the fact that he more than likely knows that he is selling fraudulent items. Nonetheless, here are the photos.

Wisch and SS EKII PhotosWisch and SS EKII PhotosWisch and SS EKII PhotosWisch and SS EKII PhotosWisch and SS EKII PhotosWisch and SS EKII PhotosWisch and SS EKII PhotosWisch and SS EKII PhotosWisch and SS EKII PhotosWisch and SS EKII Photos

I'm not sure I would be so magnanimous as you to not want a refund of my hard earned money for someone trying to deceive. The pictures are evidenced here digitally for evidence or warning, I would want my money back and not want to think he'd continue to benefit from flogging ****.

My take is this:

The seller is a degenerate. I can spend the money to ship the photo to Israel, and likely not receive the refund. From there he could peddle the photos again.

?

Maybe worth dropping a line to the Mods over there and make them aware of that particular user. It's generally regarded as being a fairly safe place to shop and you don't want a rogue seller there. If there is no doubt he sold you fakes and you have a record of the messages from him, make the Mod of the photo sales forum aware there has been a problem.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast