Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Era Letter Written by German POW who was in the Fort Jackson POW Camp, South Carolina. 1944

Article about: The letter looks to be written by a Wolter Pietsch to a Hertha Pietsch. It was written on December 11th 1944. In the letter he mentions having been in France, so that’s where he was likely

Default WW2 Era Letter Written by German POW who was in the Fort Jackson POW Camp, South Carolina. 1944

WW2 Era Letter Written by German POW who was in the Fort Jackson POW Camp, South Carolina. 1944

The letter looks to be written by a Wolter Pietsch to a Hertha Pietsch. It was written on December 11th 1944. In the letter he mentions having been in France, so that’s where he was likely captured.

A rough translation of the letter reads:

“11 December 1944

My dear mommy!

Today your daddy is sending you all best wishes. My only desire is to find you in the best of health. Dear Hertha, please write me soon and send a few pictures. Did you receive my picture that I sent you from France back then? I'm fine, you don't need to worry. Sadly you'll have to celebrate Christmas alone this year. Dear Hertha, please don't be sad. I'll be back with you eventually. How much I'd like to see our boy, he must have grown a lot by the time his father returns home. But the most important thing is that I'll see all of you healthy again. Many greetings and kisses, your daddy.“

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Era Letter Written by German POW who was in the Fort Jackson POW Camp, South Carolina. 1944
    P
    Many