Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Era Postcard Typed by German Soldier Shortly After Being Wounded in Combat.

Article about: This postcard was typed by a Wilhelm Schmieder. He was a German soldier during the war. He had been previously wounded and was sent to Beuron, Germany to recover from his wounds. I’m not s

Default WW2 Era Postcard Typed by German Soldier Shortly After Being Wounded in Combat.

This postcard was typed by a Wilhelm Schmieder. He was a German soldier during the war. He had been previously wounded and was sent to Beuron, Germany to recover from his wounds. I’m not sure which front he served on, but as Beuron is closer to the western front than the east, I’d guess the western front. I don’t have any additional information on him unfortunately. The letter reads:

“ Beuron, 23rd Oct. 44

Dear Mr. Schmidt!

You've probably heard by now that I've been wounded. Those dogs also shot me in the right hand, as if they hadn't taken enough from me already. But it's not that bad, mostly I can't write for the time being, and for that I just borrowed a typewriter.

The village here is pretty boring, nothing but images of saints. Still there are some palaces and castles in the vicinity to which we regularly take walks. The food here is excellent and there's enough to take on some weight.

And how are you doing? I haven't heard anything for quite some time. Who knows, maybe I'll manage a few days of vacation once my hand is healed again.

All the best, also to your wife.

- Wilhelm”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Era Postcard Typed by German Soldier Shortly After Being Wounded in Combat.
    P
    Many

?

Not a bad place to recuperate......

The castle today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Era Postcard Typed by German Soldier Shortly After Being Wounded in Combat.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi JB.

Really interesting postcard, thanks for sharing it with us.

How he describes the people who shot him as dogs and the way he has signed his name particularly stand out.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Small correction: He doesnt say "as if they hadn't taken enough from me already" but rather as if the hand wasnt already in a bad shape before he was shot in the hand.

Anon

Thank you!

Hey Will,

My pleasure. And yeah I thought his signature was interesting as well.

Good day,
    JB

- - ------- - -

Looks very nice