Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.

Article about: August was born on July 22nd 1908 in Kallham. The card states that he had previously been a member of the SA. During the war he served in a Jäger regiment. August was killed in action on De

Default WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.

August was born on July 22nd 1908 in Kallham. The card states that he had previously been a member of the SA. During the war he served in a Jäger regiment. August was killed in action on December 14th 1942 during the Battle of Stalingrad. He was 34.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.
    P
    Many

Hi JB.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

The Pg in front of his name = Parteigenosse (party member)

Name: August Hörmanseder
    Birth Date: 22 July 1908
    Birth Place: Kallham, Grieskirchen, Oberösterreich, Österreich
    Military Unit: 8./Kompanie Jäger Regiment 227
    Death Date: 14 December 1942
    Death Place: Stalingrad
    Spouse: Martine Hörmanseder

His cause of death is noted as Gefallen (Killed in action). I would guess that his true cause of death was not known because of the chaos during the battle.

August Hörmanseder was not recovered during our re-interment activities. The planned transfer to the collective cemetery in Rossoschka was, therefore, unfortunately not possible. His name is recorded in a particular place in the aforementioned cemetery.

The rear of the casualty card names his wife as Martine Hörmanseder, along with her address.

Jäger-Regiment 227 -
    Jäger-Regiment 227 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Kind regards,

Will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.   WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.  

Appreciate the info! Thank you

No worries.

Hello Heartfeltzero and Will

I wanted to ask you where you found those documents and if you have some more informations ? August Hörmanseder was my great-grand-dad. His sprouse was called Karoline Hörmanseder, not Martine. Do you know by any chance why there may be the wrong name on the document ?
    His daughter/ my grandmom was only 7 months old when he died. He saw her just once.
    I could share some more documents.

Thank you very much for posting this here.

Kind regards
    Philomena

Quote by Philomena View Post
    Hello Heartfeltzero and Will

I wanted to ask you where you found those documents and if you have some more informations ? August Hörmanseder was my great-grand-dad. His sprouse was called Karoline Hörmanseder, not Martine. Do you know by any chance why there may be the wrong name on the document ?
    His daughter/ my grandmom was only 7 months old when he died. He saw her just once.
    I could share some more documents.

Thank you very much for posting this here.

Kind regards
    Philomena
    Hi Philomena.

That is really interesting that this is your great grandfather and we would love to have more information about him if possible.
    Hopefully JB will see your post and give you more information, but I imagine he would have found this death card (sterbebild) on the internet, possibly eBay. These memorial cards were ordered from printing companies by the family to be handed out at funeral services, or to be sent to people to remember the person who has passed away. For some reason you often see mistakes printed on these death cards, everything from names, dates and places can be wrong. Added to this 'nick names' or 'pet names' for a person are often used, so this might explain the error with Augusts wifes name.

Kind regards,

Will.

Hello! It’s awesome that you’re related to him.

Unfortunately I don’t have any additional information that’s not posted here already. I purchased the card a long time ago, on EBay. I own many different Death Cards. Some of which I have in storage, some I resold overtime. Sorry I couldn’t offer more information.

Hello Will

Thank you very much for your answer. It is very interesting for me to find out a bit more about August. Sure, I'd like to share some things i found at my grandparents place.

kind regards
    Philomena

Hello Heartfeltzero

Interesting! Thank you for your answer.

Default Wehrpass and Todesanzeige from August Hörmanseder

Hello

I found those documents last week at my grandmas place. This is why I did some research and found this post. Also the house where she grew up at Kirchbach 29 in Kallham is still there.

Kind regards
    Philomena

WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.WW2 German Death Card and Wehrpaß Of August Hörmanseder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast