MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Ink Stamp question

Article about: Hello guys, I know these ink stamps can be tricky so could you please give me your opinions on this one? Thanks! James

Default WW2 German Ink Stamp question

Hello guys,

I know these ink stamps can be tricky so could you please give me your opinions on this one?

Thanks!
    James

WW2 German Ink Stamp questionWW2 German Ink Stamp questionWW2 German Ink Stamp question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Ink Stamp question
    P
    Many

Hi James, ink stamps are not really my area, but are they not usually rubber? This to me looks like a seal of some kind that would be used on wax for instance. I like it a quality looking item that stands a chance.wait for the experts. Regards Paul

?

There are a few firms named 'Ziehe' still in Kassel, Germany.. Research ?
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Hi James, ink stamps are not really my area, but are they not usually rubber? This to me looks like a seal of some kind that would be used on wax for instance. I like it a quality looking item that stands a chance.wait for the experts. Regards Paul
    I agree that this appears to be a "seal" rather than a stamp and if I read it correctly it is for the Deutsche Reichsbahn (German railways) Bahnhofstelle (I think that would be what in English would be Stationmasters Office ie the administration dept) Lippstadt. It does look authentic to me but I am no expert in these. However I think the cost of faking such a thing would be disproportionately high unlike rubbers stamps. As an aside' Lippstadt is right in the middle of my old "stamping ground" of the Bundesland (state) Nordrhein-Westfalen which was in the former British Zone though I believe it was first occupied by the US 9th Army.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Great information, thanks Gentlemen!