Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Baden Reserve Officer Pickelhaube

Article about: I'm not a picklehaube collector but I like iconic military items and this genre certainly fits the bill. My good friend MAP asked me to post this so I will. Purchased at the recent MAX show

Default Baden Reserve Officer Pickelhaube

I'm not a picklehaube collector but I like iconic military items and this genre certainly fits the bill. My good friend MAP asked me to post this so I will. Purchased at the recent MAX show from Helmut Weitz as well.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Baden Reserve Officer Pickelhaube  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Baden Reserve Officer Pickelhaube
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Thanks for posting this Ben.

A really nice pick up from the Max. Condition was top notch!
    Ive always liked the design of the Baden Wappen.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Mike!

MAP
    ?

Don't forget to post some of your other great finds from the Max!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The Pickelhaubes are iconic and always dresses up any Militaria collection
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Congratulations on a very nice addition to the collection Ben! If you’re only going to have one haube in you’re collection, then this would be the one. A premium example which is an investment should you choose to move it on at a later stage! Would love to see more photos!

Andy

Default Here's a couple more pics

More Pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Baden Reserve Officer Pickelhaube   Baden Reserve Officer Pickelhaube  

MAP
    ?

It really has a great age and look to it while still in top notch shape!

Quote by FiveArmies View Post
    More Pics
    Thanks for the additional photos Ben! It certainly is a very neat example.

Just be careful though, as Pickelhaubes can become addictive.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyM35; 11-11-2022 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Typo

Congratulations it is a very nice Pickelhaube !
    Just one question, the Reserve/Landwehr cross seems to be gold plated ? I think it is supposed to be silver plated ?
    Moreover, on Reserve/Landwehr Helmet, the motto is supposed to be engraved on the Landwehr cross and not on the plate itself.
    But this is not a red flag since many officers did not change the plate when they went into Reserve/Landwehr but they only add a cross.
    That would be very interesting to see a detailed picture of the Reserve/Landwehr cross.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast