Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Dragoon Shako

Article about: Although this helmet is Swiss, I'm placing it here, as it seems to have more in common with German Imperial headdress. And also due to where the Swiss border falls in relation to other count

Default Dragoon Shako

Although this helmet is Swiss, I'm placing it here, as it seems to have more in common with German Imperial headdress. And also due to where the Swiss border falls in relation to other countries. Perhaps its time to have a slot devoted to the wartime neutral countries!

The helmet is of a conventional Shako design, the body being made of stiff felt covered with a black moleskin-type cloth. Both peaks and the top of the helmet are made of leather, with a leather band running around the circumference of the body. The helmet plate and all metal fittings appear to be plated with German silver - or something similar. Despite a search on the internet, I have only been able to find one illustration of a helmet similar to this. And that was described as being a Swiss pattern 1898 Dragoon Tshako. Regardless of that, it is an interesting addition to my collection.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Dragoon ShakoDragoon ShakoDragoon ShakoDragoon ShakoDragoon ShakoDragoon Shako

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dragoon Shako
    P
    Many

Superb condition steve and looks great on display

?

Very Nice
    And like James has mentioned that will make for an awesome display!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil