Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Going to acquire this one, A Pickelhaube too good to be true?

Article about: I would like your opinion about this one, could be a real one or a good repro? Thank you

Default Going to acquire this one, A Pickelhaube too good to be true?

I would like your opinion about this one, could be a real one or a good repro?
    Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Going to acquire this one, A Pickelhaube too good to be true?
    P
    Many

It looks real enough to me, I'm just not sure about that helmet lining. But over all it looks impressive and with the box as well.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    It looks real enough to me, I'm just not sure about that helmet lining. But over all it looks impressive and with the box as well.
    Thank you for your reply, I am trying to collect Pickelhaube, I read a lot before buying, but I would like not to mistake!

Others will offer their thoughts, it does look very clean and tidy for an item that purports to be over 100 years old. More pictures would help, that lining conveniently hides any details of the construction.

I’m not a Pickelhaube Collector per se, but the construction and materials on this all look good compared with other examples. As BlackCat said, it does appear very clean but it may have never seen frontline service and has been well preserved i.e. over cleaned and polished post war. You should be able to see some good examples over on the kaisersbunker.com website to compare with.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    I’m not a Pickelhaube Collector per se, but the construction and materials on this all look good compared with other examples. As BlackCat said, it does appear very clean but it may have never seen frontline service and has been well preserved i.e. over cleaned and polished post war. You should be able to see some good examples over on the kaisersbunker.com website to compare with.
    Yes, I visited Kaiserbunker and also there I found many similar items. The rear spine is like those of Privately purchased examples, as many other details. The only thing that I have notice is the lining completly closed, usually the two sides are just "side by side" maybe could be just the picture... I have to ask to the seller. I don't think that just this detail could say that the entire helmet is fake.

Quote by stationmaster View Post
    Yes, I visited Kaiserbunker and also there I found many similar items. The rear spine is like those of Privately purchased examples, as many other details. The only thing that I have never seen is the lining completly sewn, usually the two sides are just "side by side" and moving them you can se the construction details. I don't think that just this detail could say that the entire helmet is fake
    Yes, I noticed the liner and wondered if it was indeed sewn or it just appears that way. There were a great variety of styles of Pickelhaubes and as you say, private purchase examples as well, and this may be one.

Michael (MAP), has a fine collection of Pickelhaubes and I’m sure he should be able to offer some wisdom when he sees your post. My gut feeling so far is that it’s all original but best to be cautious and see what other members with more Pickelhaube experience have to say.

MAP
    ?

I'm still cutting my teeth on these so don't take what I say as anything absolute authority.

Agree that the liner looks to be sewn together. But I just think one side is overlapping the other. But if it is sewn together it is not something I've seen before.

The korkaden and chinstrap appear to be fine. But do also agree that certain parts of the helmet appear to have been overly polished.

Parts of the photos are dark so really can't check out the exterior in detail but overall it looks ok.

I however would want to see under the lining. That should give us a much better understanding if it has been tampered with.

Can't help on the cover. The case looks fine.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'm still cutting my teeth on these so don't take what I say as anything absolute authority.

Agree that the liner looks to be sewn together. But I just think one side is overlapping the other. But if it is sewn together it is not something I've seen before.

The korkaden and chinstrap appear to be fine. But do also agree that certain parts of the helmet appear to have been overly polished.

Parts of the photos are dark so really can't check out the exterior in detail but overall it looks ok.

I however would want to see under the lining. That should give us a much better understanding if it has been tampered with.

Can't help on the cover. The case looks fine.
    Thank you very much for your review, so do you think is it worth to buy?
    Just got a pic from the seller, it is the structure under the lining

MAP
    ?

I think the case and the Haub are good. But the supplied photos are lacking and as such it would be difficult for me to really say with certainty. I would like to see it in hand.

Again, I have no idea about the cover. And it is also possible that all three pieces where sourced separately and put together so unless there is rock solid providence I would not place a premium on this.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast