Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020

Article about: Hello, Here's my modest acquisition from the recent Show of Shows, a nice Hessian Model 1915 Helmet with the correct issue marking "R.B.A. 18" stamped inside. I've been looking for

Default Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020

Hello,

Here's my modest acquisition from the recent Show of Shows, a nice Hessian Model 1915 Helmet with the correct issue marking "R.B.A. 18" stamped inside. I've been looking for one of these for a very long time. These "R.B.A. 18" Depot Issued helmets are often found with the round spike base, and the regular, smooth spike, instead of the Fluted Hessian Spike and Hessian cloverleaf spike base on the helmets. They're seen configured this way in wartime photos as well.

The seller's collector father replaced the metal front visor trim a long time ago, and did a nice job on it.

After I got home, I added the chinstrap, original National Colors Kokarde, and the Repro Hessian Kokarde (until I can find an original Hessian Kokarde).

There are No extra holes behind the front plate, only the 2-original metal grommet ring holes. One loop is broken off from the back side of the front plate, and the loop is unfortunately missing.

The maker mark is hard to read, but I believe the helmet was made by "LEDERFABRIK BONAMES, JACOB D. MAYER & CO., 1915".

Best Regards,

Alan

Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hessian M15 Pickelhaube from the Show of Shows 2020
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Great looking example Alan.

I had a friend looking for a basic, common but original M15 for me at the SoS, but he had a hard time finding any that were not messed with or falling apart.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Congrat's on finding the elusive Haube!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

What a nice example! The perfect amount of wear and patina. Congratulations.

Andy

Love them!
    On my list for quiet some time...
    Well done.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Nice one Alan.
    Congrats on filling that hole in your collection.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

A lovely example!

Alan,

I beautiful pickup! Well done.

Joel

Thanks for all your very nice comments gentlemen, I appreciate it greatly!

I consider myself very lucky to find this. It had only just been set out for sale on the dealer's table a few moments before I arrived. I had been looking at it for a minute or two in my hands, and two good collector friends showed up while I was looking at it. I was lucky to have been holding it, otherwise it would have been snatched up from the table and purchased by one of these two friends!

Best Wishes,

Alan