Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help for Imperial German pickelhaube

Article about: Local sale having these coming up. I think they check out and look legit to my nobice eyes but trying to find out about the helmet plate. Cant find info on it with the "R" in the c

Default Need Help for Imperial German pickelhaube

Local sale having these coming up. I think they check out and look legit to my nobice eyes but trying to find out about the helmet plate. Cant find info on it with the "R" in the center. The left Looks like a private pre ww1 pickelhaube butt he one on the right looks like it has some condition issues and I have no idea about it.
    Would love thoughts?? Thanks!

Need Help for Imperial German pickelhaubeNeed Help for Imperial German pickelhaubeNeed Help for Imperial German pickelhaubeNeed Help for Imperial German pickelhaubeNeed Help for Imperial German pickelhaubeNeed Help for Imperial German pickelhaubeNeed Help for Imperial German pickelhaube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help for Imperial German pickelhaube
    P
    Many

Hi, the left one is an officer with the “old style grenadier” eagle, which was still worn by some regiments. It looks ok from these pics. The right one has an eagle I don’t know, but not german imo. The attachment is also very amateuristic.

I would go for the left one if the price is right.

Best regards,
    Michel

Ohh old style grenadier eagle. Thank you for that helpful info man! Yeah they are selling together, Just wanted to see about the helmet plate as it looked unusual

The officer looks untouched. So if the price is right I would go for it.

Thanks for the assistance! Yeah I might give it a bid and see what happens. Looks like these grenadier style eagles are more difficult to find.

?

First helmet appears to be an officer's that some one as polished the gilt was off of. Having both Reichs and Lands cockades would put it at post 1891. What material is the helmet made from? Is the helmet plate silver, steel, or just polished out gilt?

Second helmets appears to be an enlisted that is missing much.

I would be careful of both, and only purchase if the price was right.