Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help!!! Original Pickelhaube?

Article about: Hello good mornig for everyone. I wanted to ask your opinion about this Pickelhaube. I am totally new to this field and I don't understand much. I will appreciate any information you can pro

Default Need Help!!! Original Pickelhaube?

Hello good mornig for everyone. I wanted to ask your opinion about this Pickelhaube. I am totally new to this field and I don't understand much. I will appreciate any information you can provide me. I don't know if it is original, although they sell it as such, or if any part has been restored or if any part is missing. Forgive the poor quality photos, but I don't have any others. Thank you very much and greetings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help!!! Original Pickelhaube?   Need Help!!! Original Pickelhaube?  

Need Help!!! Original Pickelhaube?   Need Help!!! Original Pickelhaube?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help!!! Original Pickelhaube?
    P
    Many

That aint no Indian!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I think it's an original.

I do not collect these so my experience is very very limited at
    best but I can say that it has been apart. There should be a metal disc on the inside
    top of the shell to act as a reinforcement where the spike attaches. You can see the
    the marks in the leather where it once sat.

I'm also noticing weak detail in the wappen but that might indicate late war manufacturing
    or maybe some makers just different quality between makers.

Other more experienced collectors will be along shortly to give better advice.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

As Greg said, this has been played with. The shell is real. The plate / disc on the inside is missing. Sometimes we see these placed on the exterior under the brass spike base but don't see any evidence of that here. Add to that you see the outline of the plate on the inside.

The photos really aren't clear enough to see if the stitching is OK as well as the Kokarden. But I'm not seeing anything glaringly wrong.

The brass trim has been polish. I'm not keen on the chin strap but happy to be overruled on that last point.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for your answers, the disc inside is noticeable, I have already seen in other photos that it has one. The metal shows that it has been cleaned, compared to the interior, but the general appearance seems good.

An original pickelhaube that has had some zealous polishing and the helmet strap replaced, but the real deal if the price is right.

I don't know if 700 euros is a very correct price, I don't understand much about these helmets.

Do you think the helmet strap is original even though it has been replaced?

Quote by juanjo67 View Post
    I don't know if 700 euros is a very correct price, I don't understand much about these helmets.
    Values can be difficult. For sure it is not a modern copy, if you are happy with the price then that is fine.

Quote by juanjo67 View Post
    Do you think the helmet strap is original even though it has been replaced?
    It could be original, but its not easy to tell from the pictures. The leather is in good condition and it is only the perceived thickness of the leather that makes me think it is a later addition, but it is well made and the buckles and fittings look original.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast