Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need opinion on Bavarian Pickelhaube

Article about: help

Default Need opinion on Bavarian Pickelhaube

Good morning, this pickelhaube has been offered to me at a good price, someone could give me more information if they are so kind? everything seems original except for the interior cord but I am not an expert, so I ask for your opinion, approximate date of the helmet and some details of it, thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinion on Bavarian Pickelhaube   Need opinion on Bavarian Pickelhaube  

Need opinion on Bavarian Pickelhaube   Need opinion on Bavarian Pickelhaube  

Need opinion on Bavarian Pickelhaube  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinion on Bavarian Pickelhaube
    P
    Many

Looks good to me. I think it’s a model 1895 for an enlisted man. PY.

Hello

I am not sure this one is that good.
    From the pictures, it looks like it has grey fittings and a removable spike meaning it is a model 1915 helmet but it looks to have a yellow plate which is typical of 1895 model.
    Moreover the Kokarden are missing.
    Does the helmet have any stamps on it ?
    I would ask for better pictures but my first feeling is that this helmet is build from different parts.

Yeah I've noticed the missing kokarden but it's ok, I don't think it will be dificult to find some spare parts. I have asked the seller and he says that he does not see markings, but it usually happens to me that they do not see the markings until I look and I see them. The origin of this piece is in a military store in my country, so I will trust it. Can someone tell me how the kokarden are going (color, etc) to be able to complete the helmet? Thanks in advance

?

Appears to be a put together piece. Wappen does not go with the helmet and looks like there was a poor attempt to make it fit. Chin strap is an old reproduction. Is the spike two different metals, brass top and steel base? Hard to tell about the actual construction of the helmet's body, due to the quality of the photos.
    Last edited by aicusv; 01-12-2023 at 06:30 AM.

Honestly based on the poor quality of the photos, it looks to me being a mix of Model 1895 and Model 1915. As aicusv wrote, it appears to be a put together helmet.
    I will pass that helmet.

Post on the Pickelhaube Forum for expert opinions.

PickelHaubes.com

PY.

Save your money. This is put together badly with wrong parts and some of them are reproduction (chin strap). Not sure what price your being offered but buy a complete one if you can.

hope this helps

cheers

Tony

As others have said, a put together piece. You wouldn't get a mixture of brass and steel fittings on the same helmet. Give it a wide berth.

Steve

Are there any grey metal parts on the pickelhaube? How many holes have been made in the front of the pickelhaube for the wappen? PY.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast