MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prussian Enlisted Man’s Pickelhaube

Article about: A recent addition to the collection is this Prussian enlisted man’s Pickelhaube. This example is in nice overall condition with a little crazing over the black lacquered body. The black dy

Default Prussian Enlisted Man’s Pickelhaube

A recent addition to the collection is this Prussian enlisted man’s Pickelhaube. This example is in nice overall condition with a little crazing over the black lacquered body. The black dyed liner did not fare quite as well in comparison to the external shiny brass fittings which have perhaps been polished over the last 100 years or so as was sometimes the case with collectors in the early days. The chinstrap looks to have had a repair at some point. Inside it has been marked with a black inc Kammerstempel or issue stamp in 1906 to the 72nd regiment. A good overall representative example of a pre-war enlisted man’s Pickelhaube.
    Prussian Enlisted Man’s PickelhaubePrussian Enlisted Man’s PickelhaubePrussian Enlisted Man’s PickelhaubePrussian Enlisted Man’s PickelhaubePrussian Enlisted Man’s PickelhaubePrussian Enlisted Man’s PickelhaubePrussian Enlisted Man’s PickelhaubePrussian Enlisted Man’s PickelhaubePrussian Enlisted Man’s Pickelhaube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian Enlisted Man’s Pickelhaube
    P
    Many

?

Lovely example, Andy!
    So long as it’s not over-polished, as here, I don’t mind the slightly ‘cleaner’ haube (a heretic, I know)! They would have been kept that way, pre-war anyway, so it works for an early display.
    As you say, this one appears to have been buffed up several years ago, so it’s toned down nicely and everything matches.
    All in all, very presentable indeed!

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Lovely example, Andy!
    So long as it’s not over-polished, as here, I don’t mind the slightly ‘cleaner’ haube (a heretic, I know)! They would have been kept that way, pre-war anyway, so it works for an early display.
    As you say, this one appears to have been buffed up several years ago, so it’s toned down nicely and everything matches.
    All in all, very presentable indeed!
    Thanks for the kind words Rob! I normally like items that have a slightly worn to very worn appearance, but this example as you say, does fit well as a pre-war example and one that perhaps was never worn on the battlefield. Either way, it fits in well with part of my Imperial collection where I’m trying to demonstrate the evolution of headgear including the Pickelhaube.

Wow, Andy...
    What a great collection are you assembling!!
    Regards
    Santi

Amazing Piece and a unique Display! I love it!

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    Wow, Andy...
    What a great collection are you assembling!!
    Regards
    Santi
    Thank you for the kind comments SantI! Appreciated.

Andy

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Amazing Piece and a unique Display! I love it!
    Thank you very kindly. It’s interesting how we collect so many separate pieces, but when they are brought together they complement each other so well!

Nice looking Haube, Andy.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Nice looking Haube, Andy.
    Thanks Greg!

MAP
    ?

Top notch purchase Andy. Your photos really highlight the beauty of this Haube! Congrats
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast