Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prussian Kurassier helmet 1914

Article about: Hi everyone, Still in transit. On auction I got myself a nice and salty German, 1914 C.E. Juncker, Kurassier helmet. It is bent at the backsite with some dents and a little rusty. Named in t

Default Prussian Kurassier helmet 1914

Hi everyone,

Still in transit. On auction I got myself a nice and salty German, 1914 C.E. Juncker, Kurassier helmet. It is bent at the backsite with some dents and a little rusty. Named in the front visor to 'Klein'. Just how I like it. Now it can sit next to the French 'Cuirassier' helmet I've got.

Hope you like it too.

Cheers Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian Kurassier helmet 1914
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Congrats Paul. I like the pre WW1 examples with the brass hardware.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very cool.
    Congratulations
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Excelent piece of big game hunting, there.
    Regards
    Santi

What a fantastic addition to the collection Paul! Well done

Always good to see nice untouched pieces and your photos show that very well.

Andy

?

Does the ‘8.K. 56’ indicate a unit designation?
    (Though I would expect a Cavalry unit to show a squadron, rather than a company).

I think this is a British thing. all I could find that this was a 8th Kurassier regiment. Size 56. The regiment has, if I'm correct, a British edge; namely the 8th (Rhenish) Cuirassiers “Count Geßler” were a heavy cavalry regiment of the Royal Prussian Army. The regiment was formed in 1815. The regiment fought in the Austro-Prussian War, the Franco-Prussian War and World War I. The regiment was disbanded in 1919.

The British King George V was appointed Colonel-in-Chief of the Regiment in January 1902, during a visit to Berlin when he was still Prince of Wales. He served as such until the two countries declared war in 1914. (source: Wikipedia)

Cheers. Paul

Default The helmet has arrived and is unboxed

Hi everyone,

The helmet has arrived and with a little TLC is ready to meet his French adversary.

As I stated before I think this is a helmet of the 8th (Rhenish) Cuirassiers “Count Geßler” were a heavy cavalry regiment of the Royal Prussian Army. The regiment was formed in 1815. The regiment fought in the Austro-Prussian War, the Franco-Prussian War and World War I. The regiment was disbanded in 1919.

The British King George V was appointed Colonel-in-Chief of the Regiment in January 1902, during a visit to Berlin when he was still Prince of Wales. He served as such until the two countries declared war in 1914.

If anyone has a Prussian cockarde for this helmet and is willing to sell it, please let me know.

?

Nice to see a complete French curaisser helmet; they often seem to have missing parts.

BobS

?

Nice to see a complete French curaisser helmet; they often seem to have missing parts.

BobS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast