Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Saxon M15 Pickelhaube Unit Marked to 12th Pioneer Batallion

Article about: Hello, Although I already have a stone-mint M15 Saxon e.m. pickelhaube, it does not have any unit or depot markings on it. I could not resist buying this nice example with correct depot mark

Default Saxon M15 Pickelhaube Unit Marked to 12th Pioneer Batallion

Hello,

Although I already have a stone-mint M15 Saxon e.m. pickelhaube, it does not have any unit or depot markings on it. I could not resist buying this nice example with correct depot marking "B.A.XII" on it, along with "12 Pi" for 12th Pioneer Batallion.

Saxony had only 2-Pioneer Batallions: the 12th and the 22nd.

I like the 1-piece stamped front plate which is a bit harder to find than the more typical 2-piece M15 front plate.

Photos are from the seller. I am not sure if there is a size, date, or maker mark inside, as seller didn't specify. I'll find out when it arrives later this week.

Best Regards,

Alan 

Saxon M15 Pickelhaube Unit Marked to 12th Pioneer BatallionSaxon M15 Pickelhaube Unit Marked to 12th Pioneer BatallionSaxon M15 Pickelhaube Unit Marked to 12th Pioneer BatallionSaxon M15 Pickelhaube Unit Marked to 12th Pioneer BatallionSaxon M15 Pickelhaube Unit Marked to 12th Pioneer BatallionSaxon M15 Pickelhaube Unit Marked to 12th Pioneer BatallionSaxon M15 Pickelhaube Unit Marked to 12th Pioneer Batallion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Saxon M15 Pickelhaube Unit Marked to 12th Pioneer Batallion
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

She sure is pretty Alan. I can just imagine what the other one looks like.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Very nice! I can't wait to see s frontal pic of the wappen when it arrives.The leather and marking look so clean I can see why you added it. I guess some kockards and chinstrap are in it's future?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for your very nice comments gentlemen, I appreciate it!

I have a chinstrap for it, and a set of Saxon style kokardes for it. Whether or not the chinstrap will fit on the side posts is a another question. For some strange reason these Saxon side posts are often times a little larger in size which makes it very difficult to find a chinstrap that has the mounts that fit on the side posts. I'll see what happens when it arrives.

Thanks again,

Alan

Happy New Year Alan.
    That's a really nice helmet. I don't think I have ever seen one stamped
    for a Pioneer Batalion before. Very cool.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Greg,

Many thanks! Happy New Year to you and your wife as well! It's a first for me as well to see a model 1915 from Saxony stamped to a Pioneer Battalion.

Best Regards,

Alan