Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1410 1945 GRUNWALD BERLIN badge

Article about: Hi guys My field of collecting is combat helmets but whilst in Poland last September I thought I would buy a few bits and bobs from a market in Kazimierz in Kraków. Now I saw a lot of fake s

Default 1410 1945 GRUNWALD BERLIN badge

Hi guys My field of collecting is combat helmets but whilst in Poland last September I thought I would buy a few bits and bobs from a market in Kazimierz in Kraków. Now I saw a lot of fake stuff especially the guy who had 3 German para helmets in desert camouflage anyway I picked a Russian war medal for the victory over Japan a trench art lighter and this badge. I have looked online for other examples of this badge but could not find much. So I leave it in your hands to tell me if it is a dud or the real deal. Thanks for looking guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1410 1945 GRUNWALD BERLIN badge   1410 1945 GRUNWALD BERLIN badge  

1410 1945 GRUNWALD BERLIN badge  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Would that be the Plac Nowy flea market? i was there late Septmber and even a lot of the Polish awards looked to be dud. Not saying that yours is though!...

It looks fine to me BTW.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi gunny I was there at the end of September beginning of October and yes that was the place I got it. Did you see the guy selling the German para helmets with the desert camo there were some nice things there but a lot of repro gear being sold as original as well.

Yep i did notice those para lids and indeed there was a lot of junk, the next time you visit try this place Plac Targowy Unitarg | Shopping | Krakow I got a very nice Arbeitsbuch for £8, it's better if you have a Polish friend to do the speaking because they tend to put the prices up a little for tourists!...