Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

16U Badge - original?

Article about: Hello, Im gradually trying to learn about authenticity among all the fakes in this area. Could anyone share opinions as to if this is an original? Appears to have a small jewelers mark stamp

Default 16U Badge - original?

Hello,

Im gradually trying to learn about authenticity among all the fakes in this area.

Could anyone share opinions as to if this is an original?

Appears to have a small jewelers mark stamp "K" in a circle.

Thanks!16U Badge - original?16U Badge - original?

Hello Scott,

Many thanks for your post a good idea would be to obtain a copy of Sawicki & Wielechowski Book Badges of the Polish Army 1918-1945 by Pantera Books (isbn: 978-83-204-3299-2), on page 191 it shows the Officers Badge in silver by the Firm of Wiktor Gontarczyk in Warsaw, whilst on page 192 shows another Officers badge this time by the Firm of Wabia-WabiƄski also based in Warsaw.

These are the only listed makers although once you had the Legitymacja for the Badge you could purchase one that you could afford according to your Rank.

Also with the badge shown if you enlarge it you can see on the top left of the U that the red enamel seems to have gone over the top, therefore I would stick my neck out and state that it is probably a post war replica.

That is why it is always best either to research the item on the internet or post your question on the Forum.

Best wishes

Andrzej

In my opinion : letter K on the badge : kopia in Polish, or copy in English. Officers badge was made out of silver with hallmarks.