Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1936 dated Poliish (supply drop) Parachute or part of Barrage/Weather Baloon

Article about: Hello, Is this 1936 dated Poliish (supply drop) Parachute or part of Barrage/Weather Baloon, 100% original pre-war, please ? It is made of silk and measures from the two inner springs, diame

Default 1936 dated Poliish (supply drop) Parachute or part of Barrage/Weather Baloon

Hello,

Is this 1936 dated Poliish (supply drop) Parachute or part of Barrage/Weather Baloon, 100% original pre-war, please ?

It is made of silk and measures from the two inner springs, diameter 74cm and length of one of the 8 lines - 80cm.

It is Black ink stamped with a logo and "Polski "Irvin" Wykonany w Wojsk. Warsztatach Bal." (Miinistry of War "Wojsk" as in M.S. Wojsk) workshops (Warsztach) Bal ?, a serial number "No Fabr. 1677" and a production date "Data Wykon. - 6. 10. 36" and an oval with "81" on top and "NT" on the bottom.

I think it must have been made for the armed forces, rather than civilian use because of these markings.

Could you identify it, please ?

Thank you very much for your time and effort, in advance (as always).

Please reply as soon as possible.

justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 dated Poliish (supply drop)  Parachute or part of Barrage/Weather Baloon   1936 dated Poliish (supply drop)  Parachute or part of Barrage/Weather Baloon  

1936 dated Poliish (supply drop)  Parachute or part of Barrage/Weather Baloon   1936 dated Poliish (supply drop)  Parachute or part of Barrage/Weather Baloon  

Default Re: 1936 dated Poliish (supply drop) Parachute or part of Barrage/Weather Baloon

In 1922 Centralnych Zakładów Balonowych purchased the license to produce Irvin design parachutes. In 1928 the Military Balloon Manufacturing Plant located in Jabłonna started to produce "Irvin" parachutes under the brand name "Polski Irvin".

You might find this article of interest:

Spadochroniarze wojskowi w II RP

The article states that in 1936 W.W.B. (as you 'chute is marked) changed its name to Wytwórnia Balonów i Spadochronów (WBS) so your 'chute is either stamped before the name changed at some point in 1936 or it is incorrect....
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.