Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Can someone help me identify this uniform?

Article about: This is a photo of one of my ancestors from Poland, Frank Cygan. I think he was born around 1886 in Lodz and may have lived in Krakow at some point. He also lived in Germany, Switzerland, an

Deanna15
    ?

Default Can someone help me identify this uniform?

This is a photo of one of my ancestors from Poland, Frank Cygan. I think he was born around 1886 in Lodz and may have lived in Krakow at some point. He also lived in Germany, Switzerland, and Italy and spoke 10 languagesCan someone help me identify this uniform?. Also, this picture was taken around 1911 and I've been told he was in the cavalry. I'm doing some family history research and would greatly appreciate it if somebody could tell me what kind of uniform this is because i can't find any other photos of it on the internet.

For me he wears a k.u.k. uniform of the Austro-Hungarian "Ulanen" (lanciers).

It's very nice to have a picture and some details of his vitae.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Brilliant photo!...