Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Find out info about Virtuti Militari recipient?

Article about: Hey guys, I think my Great Grandfather was awarded the Virtuti Militari.I found his name in this online recipient list and I would like to find out if It was really him.Does anyone know how

I am not sure that all of the VM orders awarded to members of the AK are actually in the available published datasets/records. I vaguely recall seeing a list of VM recipients during the Rising from AK battle group "Gurt" that are not listed elsewhere.

There is the VM that the young AK medic Irena Bytniewska (whose nom de plume was Irene Orska and died in 1986) writes in her 1946 published eye-witness account of the Rising being awarded to an 8-year-old girl during the 'Rising for her bravery as an AK liaison runner....this is not listed elsewhere either, just in this account.

Maybe if the VM was awarded shortly after combat by the underground authorities some of the recipient lists were lost in the chaos of those times or never made it back to the government-in-exile?

Who had the legal authority in the underground state to award the VM to combatants in occupied Poland?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

KrysP
    ?

I always wondered about the history of my grandfather...
    Supposedly he was born October 1896 Wladyslaw Przybylski in Laszlo Poland and was awarded the medal.
    I do have a picture of him with my Dad and Aunt. His wife's name was Natalia.

Hello Krys, and welcome.

Wladyslaw Przybylski is not included in either the Suchcitz or the Wesolowski listings. There is a Wladyslaw Przybyl however, as you can see below. Do you have any information about the unit he served in?

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Find out info about Virtuti Militari recipient?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hi Tony,
    I have never seen Suchcitz book on VM. Could you attach some pics of it, please?
    Thanx
    Simon

Hello Simon,

No problem here is a photograph of the front and spine of the book

The isbn: 83-87-424-08-0

Published in 1997

Hope that this helps

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks Andrzej. That’s the one. I refer to this as the Suchcitz list, although there were two others involved in the preparation of the book. I searched far and wide over a long time to find my copy. Evidently only a small batch was printed.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hello Everyone
    VM number 5019 was awarded to...?
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Find out info about Virtuti Militari recipient?   Find out info about Virtuti Militari recipient?  

?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Simon,

Published in 1997

Hope that this helps

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Thank you Andrzej Now I know what to look for.

?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Simon,

Published in 1997

Hope that this helps

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Does this one have names and numbers?

Hello Mraz,

In answer to your Post yes it does Alphabetical Names with Numbers only unlike Wesolowski's Register that lists Alphabetical Names then Numerically by Number.

The Suchcitz book does give and History of the Orders Chapter which is extremely good post war.

Hope that this helps

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast