Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed to identify Polish uniform

Article about: Hi there, I'm completely new to this forum - but it seems very well informed about uniforms and other military equipment, and I've therefore decided to ask for help. Here's a picture of a re

Cloxy
    ?

Question Help needed to identify Polish uniform

Hi there,
    I'm completely new to this forum - but it seems very well informed about uniforms and other military equipment, and I've therefore decided to ask for help.

Here's a picture of a relative of mine (surname Jaszczak, from western Poland). I've been told that this picture was taken between 1919 and 1945, but that's about it.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me more information about the uniforms, such as a more specific date, a regiment, ...
    Many thanks !

Help needed to identify Polish uniform

Picture taken between 1925 and 1935, both soldiers have rank of private first class (starszy szeregowy) and are assigned to infantry - without doubt are members of heavy machine guns' company (as indicated by sleeve patches). Shoulder cords are sharpshooters cords. Belts are probably a property of photographer - the standard issue belt for privates and NCO's were different and those presented here are officers version (however senior NCO's were allowed to wear such a model).

Just some more details - photo taken rather in 20's, as jacket collars are of old style (high standing) - modernised style (common in 30's) had collar placed in a lower position.
    A one question - by mentioning "western Poland" you mean probably Łódź region (west Mazovia), as it was borderland before 1939? Jaszczak name is quite common in this area.

Cloxy
    ?

Many thanks for this detailed information, it is really appreciated !
    Unfortunately I don't know much about the Polish side of my family. I've always been told that my great grand-parents came from Torun and Poznan, but that's about it.
    Thanks again