Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Krzyz Zaslugi "Za Dzielnosc"

Article about: Hi guys. Can you show me original Krzyz Zaslugi "Za Dzielnosc" from your collection? Or maybe you have images of 100% original cross with ribbon in your database? Are were numberin

Default Krzyz Zaslugi "Za Dzielnosc"

Hi guys.
    Can you show me original Krzyz Zaslugi "Za Dzielnosc" from your collection?
    Or maybe you have images of 100% original cross with ribbon in your database?
    Are were numbering?
    Best regards, Alex.

Default Re: Krzyz Zaslugi "Za Dzielnosc"

Hello Alex and welcome to the forum!

The government issue Cross of Merit for Bravery was numbered. Non-numbered ‘replacement’ crosses were available for recipients who preferred to keep their issue crosses stored away for safekeeping.

Pictured below is an original cross with award document that was sold in a past internet auction. The ribbon is a standard Cross of Merit with the diagonal blue and green band.

Between 1928 when the award was established until the invasion of Poland in 1939 only 403 crosses were awarded, making it one of the rarest 2nd Republic decorations. The cross was issued in a single (silver) grade only.

Regards,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Krzyz Zaslugi "Za Dzielnosc"  Krzyz Zaslugi "Za Dzielnosc"  Krzyz Zaslugi "Za Dzielnosc"  Krzyz Zaslugi "Za Dzielnosc"  Krzyz Zaslugi "Za Dzielnosc" 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony

An impressive acquisition! And it looks great for its age. Thanks for showing, her.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Hi Green, Thanks, but unfortunately not mine. This set was auctioned off in April 2010 and fetched an impressive 6,457zl ($2060 US). A testament to its rarity.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krzyz Zaslugi "Za Dzielnosc"  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Green, Thanks, but unfortunately not mine. This set was auctioned off in April 2010 and fetched an impressive 6,457zl ($2060 US). A testament to its rarity.

Cheers,
    Tony
    That's too bad, Tony, that it's not yours! It shows well and yes, quite rare. $2000 does not fall from trees either
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE