Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

looking for info' on Waclaw Szperber

Article about: Hi, Would there be any info' on this individual during the war? I believe he was some sort of doctor... Thanks, Neil

Default looking for info' on Waclaw Szperber

Hi,

Would there be any info' on this individual during the war?
    I believe he was some sort of doctor...

Thanks,
    Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture looking for info' on Waclaw Szperber   looking for info' on Waclaw Szperber  

Owner of the passport was definitively journalist, Mr. Wacław Szperber (1891-1960), doctor of legal sciences, working for a long time for the “Ilustrowany Kurier Codzienny” – “Ilustrated Daily News”. You can find some photos of him here Zbiory NAC on-line - prototyp
    As regards his military records – he is mentioned on the list of officers of the Polish Army as a captain of infantry. No details concerning his war experience is known to me. Probably he was recruited as a reserve officer, After passing the Polish/Romanian border he had probably reached England as some of his publications appeared there (e.g. in 1942).

Hello Neil,

Tomasz beat me just Waclaw Stanislaw Szperber born 10th October 1891, the 1934 Reserve Officers Yearbook list's him as living in Krakow with the rank of Kapitan with 396 Seniority dated 1st June 1919. From the Warsaw Army Museum site he is listed as being a Kapitan Piechoty.

The 1923 Officers Yearbook pages 129 & 479 list him as a Captain in the Reserve of the 2PPLeg (2nd Legion Infantry Regiment) with seniority 1093 by 1924 Officers Yearbook he is still listed as Captain 2PPleg with seniority of 932.

There is no mention of him in the 1928 or 1932 Officers Yearbook's.

He was described in is online biography as a Doctor, Lawyer, Journalist, Editor, Sports Columnist.

In 1931 in Poznan he was awarded by the Greek Government with the Order of the Saviour the award was presented to him by the Greek Consul Doctor Stanislaw Slawski at point of presentation, photograph below.

also attached a further photograph of himself

and another with Chinese Artists Mang Wong & Shita Sun in Poznan in 1931

He died in London on the 26th May 1960.

I will have a look now to see if I can find anything about him during WW2

Best wishes

I hope that the above is of some use

Andrzejku

Hello Again Neil,

Just found an Article by Waclaw Szperber dated 23rd August 1942 in the Polish News Weekly, published in London entitled "The Wonderland of British Poeple przy Regent Street.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi Andrzejku & Tomasz,

Thank you very very much for the replies and info'!

Have a great weekend,
    Neil

superwbrat
    ?

Hello, he was my uncle, husband of my aunt Krystyna Szperber, i was born in 1974 so never met him while I perfectly remember aunt Krystyna a great person, she died in 1992. I live with my family in his house in Kraków, Poland, got a lot suvenirs remaining after the Wacław Szperber and his son Adam. Thank you. Wojtek from Kraków

Quote by superwbrat View Post
    Hello, he was my uncle, husband of my aunt Krystyna Szperber, i was born in 1974 so never met him while I perfectly remember aunt Krystyna a great person, she died in 1992. I live with my family in his house in Kraków, Poland, got a lot suvenirs remaining after the Wacław Szperber and his son Adam. Thank you. Wojtek from Kraków
    Hello, I am interesting about his son Adam Szperber buired on Polish War Cemetery in Belgium, please contact me.
    Last edited by Willmore; 02-18-2024 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Email address