Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .

Article about: Wladyslaw MIECZNIK Roughly translated from Wikipedia Wladyslaw Miecznik (born 18 April 1903 in Warsaw , died. 8 February 1989 in Warsaw ) - Polish coppersmith and engraver . Biography In 192

Hi Jacek,

Thank you, although I’m quite certain that there wasn’t too much of a spread in both closing prices. This badge/envelope set originates from the same owner in Germany. As you’ll recall, the son-in-law found them in a cupboard following the death in the mid 1990’s of the WW2 veteran of the German army. The lot contained two badges complete with the envelopes, and three or four loose badges.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Listing of 19th and early 20th century badge and decoration producers (from W. Stela “Polish Honor and Commemorative badges 1914-1918 & 1918-1921”).

Attachment 496135
    Attachment 496134
    Attachment 496133
    Attachment 496136

Regards,
    Tony
    I don't know if this listing is just for makers who feature in the book, but there are many missing from the listing when looking through the Warszawa Telephone directory for 1938/39.

This is just one Warsaw maker not listed in the book appendices:
    Elenberg Sz.. zakt, grawerski, Graniczna 3

There are also some typos to a few of the address lines in the dataset that I have spotted, one example in the appendix is:

Unger E., Chorążczyzny 7, Lwow

Whereas the 1928 Danzig and Poland directory it is:
    Grawerzy, Unger E., Chorążczyzny 6, Lwow

small detail admittedly but IMO these should be correct in a reference work because the error has been perpetuated across other works and websites that reference the listing.
    Last edited by StefanM; 02-20-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .

Here are some pictures of a presentation cigarette case in silver and gold made by Krupski i Matulewicz in 1937. The case was presented to a Polish Major who got murdered in Katyn. i will post all of his info in "Katyn Victims" thread. Purchased from family. A work of art. A competent jeweler told me that it would take him possibly more than a week to make this.

[attach=config]658116[/attach
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .  

The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .

- - ------- - -

The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .

Tom, another absolutely superb acquisition! Thank you for posting it for us

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

I found on WWW catalogue issued by M. Delande of Paris. Attached are some pictures of Polish commemorative medals. I gather he was into manufacturing those decorations.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .   The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .  

?

Default http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polish-armed-forces-second-republic-si-y-zbrojne-ii-rzeczypospolitej-polskiej-1918-1939/makers-gontarczyk-knedler-nagalski-grabski-reising-buszek-krupski-i

Cześć Antoni

Believe this may be of some interest to collectors. The Defence Long Service Medal and genuine period packaging.

Best,
    Kosa

Hi Kosa,

Yes, a worthwhile addition to the forum, thank you . I’ve moved it from the KW thread over to here. This medal is a Mennica Panstwowa (National Mint) product, which they chose not too identify on the packaging envelope.

Cheers,
    Tony

?

Hi Tony,

Yes, this is a Mennica Państwowa medal.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast