Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Militaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War

Article about: Gentlemen, During the Polish-Bolshevik War the United States Army sent its first ever relief mission. It would be the first time in the US Army's history it sent non-combantant troops to ass

?

Default Militaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War

Gentlemen,

During the Polish-Bolshevik War the United States Army sent its first ever relief mission. It would be the first time in the US Army's history it sent non-combantant troops to assist in a medical emergency.

Here is a grouping I have of a member of the Polish-American Typhus Relief Organization. Included is his paperwork, armband with silver eagle and photo on a troop train. The famous picture of the Kociuszko Squadron in a similar railcar is actually them posses as members of the Typhus Relief Expedition to gain entrance to Poland through Germany

The second grouping is collection from another US Army veteran who was on the troop ship 'Antigone' one of the ships used to transport Polish Americans back to the US who had been fighting on the Polish-Bolshevik War. Some really nice trench art mementos along with some Polish Legion items. Most interesting is his diary documenting his trip.

sto lat,

Piwo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War   Militaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War  

Militaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War   Militaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War  

Militaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War   Militaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War  

Militaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War  

Default Re: Militaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War

Very nice collection from such a little-known part of history.

?

Oops!!

Forgot to add this photos.

PiwoMilitaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War

?

Edwin Noble was an American pilot who volunteered to fight with the famed 7th Eskadra during the Polish-Bolshvik War of 1918-1921....the Kosciuszko Squadron formed by American Meriam Cooper.

I only have posted a few bits from the entire collection. It includes correspondence from Cooper after WWI, civilian photos of Noble, his obit, Polish library card.

Militaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik WarMilitaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik WarMilitaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik WarMilitaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik WarMilitaria Collection: Polish-Bolshevik War

Some of the collection was used in Jan Ciseks' book ,
    Kosciuszko, We Are here.
    I strongly recommend reading it if you would like a good understanding of the history and politics of the war and Marshall Pilsudski's response to the American volunteers.

A short clip from 1920 Warsaw Edwin Noble getting awarded a Virtuti Militari.
    Dekoracja pilota Edwina Nobla krzy

?

Thank you for the clip.

Piwo

Piwo

The armband looks great! Nice group, thanks for showing.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

A piece of history that I was never aware of.
    Thanks for posting.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    A piece of history that I was never aware of.
    Thanks for posting.
    Same thing here!
    Great thread, nice items!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris